Chapter 18

Hey! So Wattpad has been giving me a hard ass time with this chapter. It went back to one of my beginning drafts that didn't have the ending of the chapter with it so I had to retype it. It's literally my third time having to type an ending...anyways, enjoy.

Lauren fidgeted in her seat the entire ride to the stadium. Being that close to Maite and knowing that the other girl wanted nothing to do with her was killing her.

Why did I have to fuck everything up? Lauren thought as she shook her head.

She wanted to glance back at the gorgeous bronzed, Argentinian girl but she was sure Maite wouldn't return her gaze. Feeling uneasy once again, she crossed her right leg over her left managing to kick Camila, who was sitting next to her, in the process.

"Stop moving so much, Lauren," Camila mumbled, rubbing the area where Lauren's foot had made contact with her leg.

"Sorry," Lauren mumbled as she tried to stay still.

Camila's brown, gentle eyes locked intently on Lauren's green ones, concern showing on her face as she eyed the fidgeting girl, "is everything okay?"

Lauren nodded and said unconvincingly, "yeah, everything's fine."

A black eyebrow arched on Camila's face, "really?"

Lauren nodded and shifted her weight on her left side, "yeah."

"Then why are you moving so much? Either you really have to use the bathroom or you're hiding something," the other girl said.

Letting out a sigh, Lauren quickly glanced backwards to Maite, who as she predicted had her head facing away from Lauren as she looked out the bus window, then she looked back to the fellow Cuban.

Camila watched Lauren, trying to figure out what was wrong with her, "did something happen between you and Maite?"

Camila knew that Maite liked Lauren, actually everyone knew Maite liked Lauren except for Lauren herself. She wasn't sure how Lauren hadn't figured that out yet since Maite did a horrible job at hiding her feelings. Even before Camila had found out when she accidentally overheard her and Dinah talking, it was pretty obvious that Maite treated Lauren in a different way than she treated anyone else. Of course, she didn't treat her in a bad way. Her actions were always so gentle and a little bit shy. She looked at Lauren with a sparkle in her eyes like she was the greatest thing that she had ever seen.

Lauren badly wanted to tell Camila about how she felt about Maite, but she feared how she would react. She knew that Camila wouldn't be against her liking someone of the same gender. Camila wasn't that type of person; she didn't discriminate against anyone and always tried her best to be understanding no matter the situation. But Lauren did fear that Camila would think that since Lauren likes a girl that it's possible that she had had a crush on Camila at some point. They were already shipped together by so many fans and constantly asked on interviews if they're dating so Camila believing that Lauren liked her wouldn't be much of a stretch.

"We just kinda had a little fight earlier today," Lauren mumbled, once again shifting her weight onto the other side of her body.

Thinking about her and Maite's fight made her feel guilty. All she could picture was Maite's face the second the words left her mouth Maite had shut off. She became mute and wouldn't look at Lauren.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Camila asked, breaking Lauren of her thoughts as she gently placed a hand on Lauren's jean covered knee and slowly began rubbing it.

Shaking her head and trying to keep her composure, Lauren responded, "no, but thanks, Camzi."

Camila slowly nodded her head and took her hand off Lauren's knee. She hated seeing her friend like this. Lauren was always the strong, fierce one of the group, and seeing her look so fragile made Camila's heart hurt.