Chapter 29

Lauren felt her heart momentarily stop as she watched Maite fall. The mic made a loud squeak as it hit the floor. And Immediately following the mic, the Argentenian had hit the stage. Thankfully, breaking her fall, her brown knees buckled beneath her. Otherwise her head would have hit the ground, hard.

She laid there, completely motionless.

The crowd screamed, unsure of why she collapsed.

"Maite!" Lauren screamed.

She ran out on stage dodging a body guard who tried to catch her before she could go on but she ducked under his arms and continued to her unconscious girlfriend.

Meanwhile, Normani, Dinah, Ally, and Camila were shouting at the people backstage to call 911. They weren't aware of how Maite had been feeling, sure they noticed that she wasn't quite herself but they didn't know it was anything extreme.

Lauren crouched beside Maite and gently placed the girl's slightly sweaty head on her lap.

"Wake up, baby,"  Lauren pleaded, desperately.

Tears began to stream down her cheeks and she didn't have the strength to stop them.

She reached for Maite's wrist and attempted to take her pulse, but failed, her hands were shaking too badly.

"Someone fucking help!" Lauren helplessly shouted as she kept her eyes on Maite.

Her pale hand stroked the hair out of her girlfriend's face, since she was unable to do anything else. Mate, still, didn't move. Not even a slight flicker of her eyes.

Lauren had never remembered being this scared before in her life. The last time she was scared was when she was a pre-teen and was peer pressured into going onto the top of the roof of her school building. It might not seem that bad to someone else, but since she had a fear of heights, that was the most terrifying moment of her life.

Until now.

Her beat was beating rapidly and she wanted to scream and cry all at the same time, but she knew that that wouldn't help anything. It made her feel helpless. The most important person in the world to her was laying unconscious and she couldn't do anything.

Before she knew what was happening she was being pulled away from Maite be gentle hands.

"Lauren, the paramedics need to get to her, honey," she heard a voice say. It took her a moment to register that the voice was Ally's.

She weakly nodded and, with the help of her bandmates who had come on stage, stood up.

A body brushed Lauren's and proceeded to grab Maite's feet and left her up on a gurney with the help of other paramedics.

Her body felt weak and she had to lean on Normani for support to keep her up. She wondered if that's how Maite had been feeling earlier.

Suddenly, she felt a wave of anger surpass her. She had told Maite to rest and not to perform on stage! But the stubborn dark haired girl did so anyways.

"Why the fuck did she go on stage?" Lauren cursed, running a hand through her now sweaty, black hair as she watched the paramedics wheel Maite towards the ambulance. 

Normani began to rub the Cubans back, softly, as Dinah grabbed onto Lauren's hand.

"It's okay, Lauren. She'll be okay," Normani reassured with a soft voice.

Lauren blocked her out. She couldn't focus on what anyone was saying. It went in on ear and directly out the other.

"God, that was s-so... God. She j-just, fuck! I told her n-not t-to-" Lauren struggled to get out.

Dinah pulled the Cuban into her arms seeing how distressed she was. Immediately, the short girl fell limp in her arms, too weak to fight it anymore. Loud, ugly sobs escaped her mouth.

Noticing the loud shouts of the fans and how they were all recording what was happening, Camila decided it was best if they got off stage, "Dinah, let's take her backstage."

Agreeing, Dinah tried to get Lauren to walk but noticed how the other girl was in no shape to.

"It's okay, Laur, I got you," with that said, Dinah proceeded to put an arm underneath Lauren's legs and another behind the girl's back and carried her off the stage.

The girls weren't sure on what to do. They all had their share of scary incidents on tour but not to the extent of collapsing like Maite. Plus, they had never seen Lauren like this. It was almost scary. The green eyed girl cared so much and didn't know how to react.

Dinah gently placed Lauren on a sofa backstage.

"Keep an eye on her," the Polynesian said to her bandmates as she left to get a bottle of water for Lauren.

Lauren shook her head and sat up, "I'm fine. I j-just need to go to hospital, will you take me to the hospital, I just need to go."

The other girls sent a look to one another that said 'what do we do'. Lauren had been a mess a second ago and now just look determined; almost as if she was a different person. Her change in emotion through them off so quickly. But they knew how persistent she could be when she wanted something.

"Lauren, Maite will be okay," Normani said, unsure of what else to say. They still had to perform but could they with only four people? They had done it before. She wanted Lauren to go to the hospital because, frankly, the green-eyed girl was losing it, extremely fast.

"Please," Lauren's voice broke.

Ally felt her heart ache for her bandmate. It was a joke in the fandom that Ally was the mom of their group and right in that moment she had felt that nothing had been more true. All she wanted to do was to take of Lauren.

"Ladies," they heard their managers voice say as he came into the room, "the show will go on. Valentine is being cared for but one of you will have to make an announcement that she's okay and that you'll go on shortly."

**********

IT'S REALLY SHORT AND IM SO SORRY! I've been so busy and my laptop broke and I'm sorry. Also, this chapter is dramatic as fuck lol. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! I love you all.