Chapter 39

A couple of days had passed since the Dallas show and the girls were in Phoenix, Arizona. The concert was the next day and after that Maite would have only two more concerts to perform at. 

She wasn't worried about Fifth Harmony finding a new opening act since they already had two other people who would occasionally open up the show, and now the two were signed on to until the last concert in Mexico. 

In other news, Dinah was still giving Maite the silent treatment, and to make matters worse, so was Normani. 

They were both livid that Maite hadn't bothered to console them before making a huge decision. 

In all honesty, Maite could understand them being a little upset, but she felt like they were overreacting just a bit. She knew that if she wanted to savor the last little bit of sanity she had left then she would have to leave the tour. 

It was the only way.

She had to distance herself from Lauren because every time that she would see the green-eyed girl with the raspy voice, her heart would break all over again. 

Maite was tired of feeling sorry for herself. 

She was tired of playing the victim.

She just wanted to heal.

Camila had been helping a lot with that. The girl had such a pure heart. So did Ally but Maite was able to connect with Camila in a way that she couldn't described.

After losing the three people closet to her (Lauren, Dinah and Normani), Camila had been her lifeline. They just understood each other. Plus, Camila was going through a similar situation. The girl told Maite that she felt like the other girls and her were becoming a little distant with each other ever since she shared her feelings about going solo. 

Apparently they weren't keen to the fact that Camila was already making music with other celebrities and writing her own songs. Mila figured that they were mad at her for wanting to pursue her own career at some point and break apart the group. She also admitted that her and Dinah had shared a few harsh words with each other.

Maite didn't know exactly what words had been exchanged, but from what Camila told her, she imagined the conversation went like this.

She imagined Camila, her energetic small self, telling Dinah that she wanted to go solo. 

Then she pictured Dinah shaking her head slightly, rolling her brown eyes and saying that Fifth Harmony was just getting to where they always dreamed and that leaving right then would be idiotic.

After that, she figured that the two got into an argument with Camila sticking to her point and Dinah doing the same.

All the girls were very strong opinionated. Which wasn't bad, it just mad things a little more diifulct than they had to be.

They all loved each other though, that was what mattered.

---------

"Maite, hurry up," Camila whined as she bounced on the hotel bed, "I don't wanna be out all night."

Maite gave herself one last look in the mirror and smirked.

Her goal was to have fun tonight, and looking the way she did, she knew she would.

They were going out to a night club, and normally this wasn't Camila or Maite's scene, but tonight they decided that they deserved a night without drama.

"Wow," the smaller girl whistled, "You look hot!"

Maite smiled.

She had painted red matte lipstick on her lips and pulled her hair back into a tight ponytail. Her hair was straightened, thanks to Camila, and touched the middle of her back. Her curves were brought out by a skin tight white leather skirt. But her chest was the main attraction with her see-through top showing her black bra. And just for fun, she wore black heels.