Chapter 21

Maite had watched the girls as they finished up their last concert of the first leg of the tour. No one was excited that the tour was ending, but they were all happy to be able to go back home and relax a little before the tour started back up again in the U.S.

"Thank y'all so much, São Paulo!" Lauren said into the microphone as Fifth Harmony closed up the show.

They got off the stage and Maite watched as Lauren's dark hair swished from side to side as she hurried off. The outfit the Cuban girl had been wearing was the same one she always wore on stage, the black one piece that revealed her creamy, luscious legs, the one that Maite liked a lot.

Lauren was definitely what she'd miss the most during the break. She knew they were moving extremely fast, but it felt right. Her feelings for her were strong. She didn't want to part her. They went through an emotional roller coaster the past few days and the Argentinian was glad it was over because now they were quickly getting closer. 

Maite went backstage where the girls were. Some of the crew members were dabbing their faces with towels, trying to get the sweat off; she didn't blame them, it was hot. 

She spotted Lauren chugging down water and she made her way over to her.

"You did awesome," Maite greeted, she wanted to bring the other girl into her arms but wasn't sure how Lauren would react.

Lauren swallowed the water in her mouth, and smiled genuinely back at the girl, "thanks, you killed it yourself."

Maite mumbled a soft 'thank you' back and chewed on the side of her cheek.

"So, are you excited to head back home?" Lauren asked as she grabbed a towel and lightly dabbed at the sweat that had accumulated on her forehead.

"Yeah, yeah. I can't wait to see my family again," Maite sighed, then a slight pout formed on her face as she lightly touched Lauren's hand that was holding onto the water bottle, "but I won't get to see you for like two weeks."

Lauren's pink lips curved up into a small smile, she was glad she wasn't the only one upset about that, "I know. I don't know how you'll manage without seeing this beautiful face everyday."

Maite chuckled and drew her hand back as sat down on a nearby seat; Lauren missed feeling the warmth of the taller girl's touch.

"When's your flight?" Lauren asked as she set down the towel she had been using and began searching through her bag for a change of clothes.

Maite's whole demeanor dropped, "in a few hours."

Lauren's head shot up as she looked at Maite, "are you serious? Why didn't you tell me before?"

Maite could sense a little bit of disappointment and annoyance in Lauren's normally smooth, calm voice. A wave or nervousness washed over her and she began fidgeting with her fingers.

"I-It slipped my mind. So much has happened in the past few days that I wasn't thinking about when my flight was," Maite replied, less confident. 

Lauren noticed the change in Maite's body language; her brown eyes that made Lauren weak in the knees were casted downwards, her jaw was moving up and down slightly which Lauren knew meant the other girl was chewing on the inside of her cheek, and lastly, she was playing with her fingers.

"Hey," Lauren said softly, setting her bag down and pulling Maite into a hug, "I'm sorry. I'm a little disappointed that you have to leave so soon. The girls and I leave together tomorrow night. I just wish we could have gone sight seeing together."

Maite immediately reciprocated the hug. Lauren was warm and a little sweaty, but nonetheless she still smelt good, like the flower jasmine. She buried her head in the crook of Lauren's neck and took a deep breath in.