Chapter 23

The next couple of weeks passed by extremely fast for Maite. She had been going to workout sessions with the other girls and had gotten a lot closer to each of them. She felt like they were her family. Also, she and Lauren hung out more and more and she loved every minute of it. She couldn't believe how well her life was turning out, she had never been happier. 

Her fan base had also continued to grow with every small promo event she did. It was unbelievable all the support she had been getting. Of course, like with every artist, there were haters. If she scrolled through her comments on her social media websites she would occasionally see someone saying that she looked ugly, that she can't sing, that she isn't talented, or some racist comment. The hate was hard for her at first. She had bawled her eyes out at the first hate comment she had read. While on tour, she hadn't paid much attention to what people were saying about her since she rarely had free time. Now that she doesn't have to fly from country to country, she's had more to lurk in the comment section. It hurts her every time she does it, and she doesn't know why she just can't stop looking at the comments. It's like she wants to know what people are saying about her but at the same time she doesn't. Luckily, she had Lauren to brush her tears away and Normani to give her advice on how to ignore the hate.

It baffled her how people could hate someone on the color of their skin and not the content of their character.

Right now, she was finishing packing up her suitcase. She and Fifth Harmony would be traveling on a tour bus while in the United States. She preferred buses to planes, any day. Even though car crash are more likely to happen than plane crashes, she still felt a lot safer on buses. It was probably because buses didn't travel at an unbelievably fast pace thousands of feet in the air. Whatever the case, she preferred buses. 

Although, since New Hampshire was quite a ways away from Miami, they were going to fly there since the first concert of the tour began there. 

Once all of her bags were packed, she waited patiently for Dinah to pick her up. She couldn't wait to be back on the road doing shows. She had missed it so much. 

Suddenly, she heard a honk from outside. Hurrying to peek out of the window, she saw Dinah sitting in her car while she played on her phone. She grabbed her suitcases and with a slight struggle brought them down to Dinah's car. 

After putting them in the back of the car, she proceeded to get into the passenger's seat and greeted Dinah.

"Hey, Dinah," Maite smiled as she buckled in her seat belt.

"Hey, girl. You ready?" Dinah asked, as she set her phone down.

Maite replied affirmatively and they were off. 

Thanks to Maite, Dinah had started to be more punctual.

When they got to the airport, Ally and a few other members of the crew were already there, but Camila, Normani, and Lauren had yet to show. She knew Lauren was hanging out with one of her friends and that Camila was still with her family but she didn't know about Normani, she was probably on her way there.

A thing the Argentinian noticed that Dinah did a lot was play music, on a speaker, in public, not caring what others thought. Maite had to admit that she admired that. All her life she wished she could be carefree. Even listening to music in headphones give her a little bit of anxiety because she still would worry that other people would be able to hear the music. 

As Dinah sang along to one of their songs off the album that was blasting from the speaker, Maite took this opportunity to stalk up on food so she could eat on the flight. The flight typically had snacks they would offer, but they were expensive and Maite was a little stingy when it came to spending money.