Chapter 37

Ty took a seat on one of the plush chairs.

Yes, Ty as in Ty Dolla Sign.

The guy with dreads and face tattoos who sang on Fifth Harmony's song 'Work From Home.'

If Lauren was being honest, she didn't think much of him.

Besides his part on the song they had done with him, she hadn't heard his music.

If it meant anything, she liked his verse.

He seemed chill and was immediately down when Lauren's manager contacted him to see if he would attend the Fifth Harmony show in Dallas and be seen with Lauren at various places for a couple of months. Her management hadn't told him blatantly what he was really there for but he didn't seem to care.

He knew that this stunt would help boost his career since he would be seen with someone more famous the him.

All Lauren wanted was for him to take attention away from that damned photo that was released of her.

It was a fair trade she thought.

They both got something; he got free publicity and she would get to distract the media with her new "boyfriend."

-----------

The show, as always, was opened by Maite.

She got up on stage, and sat down on the piano she had asked the crew to bring on stage, and took a deep breath before speaking into the microphone.

"How y'all doing tonight?"

The crowd erupted in cheers and her mouth formed a smile.

"That makes me extremely happy to hear," she voiced.

Normally she never talked this much on stage, but tonight she was switching things up.

"I'm going to sing a little song that's been stuck in my head for a while," she started pressing the keys, "I hope you all like it. This is 'Talking to the Moon' by the one and only, Bruno Mars."

"I know you're somewhere out there. Somewhere far away. I want you back, I want you back. My neighbors think I'm crazy. But they don't understand. You're all I had, you're all I have," she sang, feeling the words flow out effortlessly.

The song described exactly how she felt with Lauren. She was so close yet so far and all Maite wanted was for her to be back in her arms. And she thought that it was stupid to want that since Lauren broke her heart, only giving her a weak explanation (if you could even call it that) to answer her questions, but she couldn't help it.

Her eyes searched the crowd and she was shocked to see Lauren in the secluded area watching her perform.

She was even more surprised when she saw who the Cuban had her fingers interlocked with.

Ty Dolla Sign. She had never met him but she instantly did not like him.

She continued to sing but her thoughts cloud her mind.

The words kept coming out of her mouth, but it was like she was on autopilot.

That was until the chorus in the song came.

"Talking to the moon. Trying to get to you. In hopes you're on the other side talking to me too, Or am I a fool, who sits alone, talking to the moon," her voice cracked on the last sentence and she could feel hot tears streaming down her face.

Her vision was getting blurry and her throat tightened up as she tried to sing. She knew she probably sounded like a chocking frog but she kept on going.

She heard a noise come from the crowd. It got louder and louder and soon the entire stadium was singing the words to the song, trying to help Maite out.

That just made her want to cry harder.

The love and support she got from the fans was the most amazing thing and she felt like she didn't deserve it. They paid money to hear her and the girls sing, but instead they were doing the singing as she played to piano.

Finally, when her throat eased up, she began to sing again.

It was hard not to burst down crying again and again, but she tried to keep her mind on happy things as she sang.

Like puppies. Puppies were cute and nice. And beaches, she liked beaches. They were warm and soft and just plain gorgeous.

Much like Lauren.

Fuck.

She shook her head and tried again.

This time she was able to finish the song without the urge to cry again.

The crowd went wild and she thanked them and continued the rest of her set which contained a lot happier, upbeat songs.

She realized she should have saved that song for last, instead of crying in front of thousands of people as the opened the concert.

But, oh well.

She couldn't go back and change it.

20 minutes passed and finally, she was done with her performance.

She thanked the crowd and went backstage as she heard Fifth Harmony's introduction video start.

She had seen it countless before. It was just a video with someone lady welcoming the fans on their 'trip.'

She saw Ty sitting by himself on a couch a backstage as she grabbed a water that was out.

"You have an amazing voice," he said with a deep voice.

She forced a smile, "Thank you."

"It's soft, but not too soft. It's soothing," he continued, giving her a smile.

Once again she thanked him.

She wasn't interested in starting a conversation up with him. After all, he was clearly only there for Lauren.

It broke her heart to see how fast Lauren had replaced her.

It had been about two days and she was already on to the next thing.

In that moment she had made a choice.

She left the room and dialed the number of her manager.

He answered.

"How soon can you get me off of this tour?" she asked as soon as she heard his voice pick up the phone.

"Did something happen? If you're not getting along with the girls then I understand, but this tour will get your name out there more," he explained.

She already knew that but she couldn't be there anymore. Not with Lauren there and especially not with Lauren's new boy toy.

"I have a strong fan base now, I'll be fine. Just get me out of here," she demanded.

Her tone was stern and left no rooms for question.

"Maite-"

"Just make it happen."

She heard him sigh and say "just a minute" before he came back on the phone.

"We can have you out of there right before they go to Mexico, which is in 6 days."

Better get to packing

"Perfect."

------

You guys should comment and let me know what you think. Also, VOTE please:)