Chapter 30

Their manager waited for one of the girls to say something, but they all stayed silent, looking between one another.

Ally took one glance at Lauren and felt her heart break from seeing how scared the Cuban looked, "I'll make the announcement."

He nodded and told them that they had 15 minutes before going back on stage.

As Ally went to make the announcement, Camila, Normani, and Dinah stood, still unsure on what to do.

"I-I can't go out there," Lauren sniffled with her head in hands.

Camila instantly went to console her friend. She pulled her into a hug and rubbed her back soothingly.

The girls weren't sure on what to do. It wouldn't be the same without Lauren on stage but the girl was in no state to go out there.

"Dinah," Normani pulled her aside, "What's the name of the hospital they're taking her to?"

Dinah's eyebrows pulled together in thought, "I think it's called Rhode Island Hospital."

Giving a small nod of her head, Normani pulled out her phone and searched the number of the hospital. Once she found it, she immediately began to dial.

"Let's go out in the hallway," Dinah tugged on Normani's arm and led her out of the room.

As soon as someone picked up on the other end, Normani told the person Maite's first and last name and asked for her condition.

A few seconds later, she let out a sigh of defeat, said "thanks" and hung up the phone.

"What was that?" Dinah asked, raising her eyebrows.

"They can't give information over the phone," the other girl replied.

"Fuck, we can't take Lauren to the hospital and we can't just leave her here backstage," the Polynesian stated, picking at her nails.

Normani couldn't think of another solution. Her stomach was knotted up from the anxiety she was feeling. They'd have to change their entire routine if Lauren didn't perform, even though the dark haired girl would completely understand if she didn't. Also, the fact her best friend was hurting and that her opening act was in the hospital didn't felt the feeling she felt at all.

"We need to talk to Lauren," Normani voiced, unsure of how well her own idea would work out.

Dinah shot her a perplexed look, "Lauren can't even function right now. You saw her. The only thing on her mind is Maite."

The other girl had the same thoughts but she stuck with the idea, "Dinah, it's the only thing we can do. Hopefully, we can calm her down a bit."

Reluctantly, the blond haired girl agreed. They both reentered the room where Lauren was. She was still sitting down on the couch with Camila trying to reassure her that Maite was fine.

"Hey, Laur," Dinah said sitting right next to the girl, "how are you holding up?"

Without verbally responding, Lauren's teary green eyes met Dinahs warm brown ones. That was all the answer Dinah needed.

Normani placed her hand gently on the Cuban's knee and rubbed it soothingly, "Maite is fine, Laur. She's just getting some much needed rest right now at the hospital."

"I-I need to see her," Lauren sniffed, in a much calmer state than she had been when the two bandmates had left the room. It looked like Camila's attempts of calming the girl had worked.

"You will, Lauren," Camila spoke up, "I'm sure she's most likely sedated right now."

"Most definitely sedated, the poor little girl was exhausted," Dinah added.