Chapter 44

Lauren's phone was fully charged as she boarded the plane back to her glorious hometown of Miami. 

Her fingers had been fidgeting with the phone in her hand for a while as she pondered what she should do. 

Sending a simple text saying to Maite that she was sorry wasn't good enough, neither was a phone call. The amount of pain she had caused Maite wouldn't be made up easily. 

If roles were reversed she would want a genuine, thought out apology. 

But that didn't mean that she didn't want to dial Maite's number and beg for her forgiveness. The distance that Lauren had created between them was tearing her apart. It wasn't like before were she could just call the Argentinean and hear her soothing voice pick up on the other side. 

If she called she wouldn't even know what to say, that is if Maite even answered.

She wouldn't blame her if she didn't or if she did and didn't want anything to do with Lauren. 

But Lauren knew with every fiber in her being that if she didn't even try to get Maite back then she would regret it for life. 

She didn't want Maite to be the one that got away. 

What they had was the realest thing Lauren has ever felt in all 20 years of life. Her stomach would fill with butterflies just at the mere mention of Maite's name. Lauren's past boyfriends are were bland in ocmparison. They were about as interesting as that white ceiling that she had been staring at in Camila's hotel room. Maite was colorful, they way she spoke and carried herself all made Lauren go crazy. 

"Are you gonna finish that?" Camila asked as she leaned over the empty plane seat next in between them.

Lauren looked down at her half finished salad and nodded her head. Her stomach was in knots from her situation with Maite. She handed the bowl over to Camila who took it and munched away.

They had booked seats together since they both lived in Miami. Lauren was relived for the girl beside her. Camila listened to her go on and on about Maite which helped calm her nerves and insecurities. Not once did she complain or tell her to stop talking. She sent a little thank you to God for creating a sweet, selfless creature.

-------

After a day full of plane riding, Lauren was finally back home.

The weather and the palm trees eased her nerves a little. That was one of her favorites things about Miami, it was gorgeous and hot. She swore that sitting at the beach, hearing the waves while watching the sunset was one of the best things in the world. 

Her family, along with a bunch of fans, had greeted her at the airport when she arrived. It was dark outside and she wonder how long the fans had been waiting for her and Camila to get off to the plane. She wasn't even sure how they knew when and where she would be arriving but she didn't question it too much. Word spreads fast for celebrities.

She gave Camila a quick hug goodbye and thanked her for listening to her before they walked into the mob of people outside the exit.

Thankfully, airport security helped Lauren get into her car without being mobbed by the fans. 

It's not that she didn't love the fans, she loved them dearly, but having people screaming at her and grabbing at her gave her anxiety.

After being home for a couple of hours and after being fed delicious home cooked Cuban food that made her mouth water from the smell, her dad and her left to the store to get food they needed for tomorrow since they were having a small barbecue with their friends and family.