New Outfit and Math

Fuzen

"F-Fu-chan, what are you wearing?!" Yui screamed. I looked down at my clothes, then back to Yui.

"My uniform?" I stated the obvious.

"That is not a uniform!!" Yui retorted.

A few minutes before ...

"There, this is much better!" I looked into my new outfit. I wore a black bikini bralette outlined in red with the white dress shirt half-open 4 buttons from the collar down and the school blazer unbuttoned. I ditched the traditional knee-length uniform skirt and went with a black mini skirt that stopped mid-thigh with a chain cross pendant fastened around the waist. I also ditched the huge, pink bow since they were way too girly for me, so I wore a red tie like a choker.

I look over at my reflection again. "Hmm, there's something missing." I checked my makeup. "Let's see, eye liner, tattoo, I got it!!" I unraveled the new bandages on my left wrist and dabbed the blood on my pale pink lips. "There! Much better!" My blood red lips stood out against my pale skin and gold eyes.

"Alright," I quickly drank the potion Mother—I mean Reiji—gave me and bolted out the door. 

"Let's go!!"

Back to the limo ...

"What?! Hey, at least I'm wearing something that has the school crest on it. Why don't you complain about Ōmono?"

"But—." Yui began, but Reiji cut in.

"Let's talk about this on the way, before we're late." The limo started to move and Yui continued scolding me.

"Honestly Fu-chan, this is too much (or too little, in a matter of speaking). And where did you get that lipstick? As far as I'm concerned, you only have eyeliner and mascara." I could help but smile as I twirled a lock of my hair. 

"Sweet, naive Yui. Use that small brain of yours. I don't have lipstick, and the color is very much alike to a certain liquid. I wonder what that could be?" I exaggerated the last sentence and rest my hand on my chin. Yui looks at me confusingly for a moment, until it hit her.

"Are you kidding me?! You used your blood for that?!"

"Ding, ding, ding!!"

"So that explains the blood I smell." Laito wrapped an arm around me a flirty way.

"That and my battle-scars. By the way, thank you Reiji. The pain's already going away."

Reiji looks up his book and says, "No need to thank me, just don't get into any more trouble." I slouch back down and muttered, "Yes mother.", but I'm pretty sure everyone heard since they were trying to stifle their laughs. ("trying")

"Anyway, Subeta-chan," Laito drew my attention back to him. Before he could say anything else, I held up a finger between us.

"No nicknames. I'm not like Yui there." (Yui: "Hey!") Unfortunately, he didn't listen.

"Whatever you say, Slut-chan." He leans in to whisper in my ear. "Don't forget our deal."

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ∞ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

School was boring as fuck.

First period was—surprisingly—AP Calculus with the two eldest. How I got in that class, I don't know. I decided to pull a Shuu and slept in class with my headphones on.

"Ms. Takashi? Would you please pay attention in class?"

"Huh?" I woke up to see the teacher giving me a disapproving look. "But I was listening." I said while rubbing my eye and taking my headphones off. I can see some of the students snicker and roll their eyes at me. The teacher quirked his eyebrow at me.

"Really? Please solve the challenge problem." I glanced at the problem in the textbook before sitting back.

"The answer is 189. By simplifying the right side using exponent rules, and the left side by factoring: [x^1/2 * y^1/5]^10. Only 1568 would fit this since the exponents conveniently work out for 5 and 2, exactly matching the exponents for x and y. When we set the left and right sides equivalent to each other, we get (2^5)*(7^2). Therefore, x is 2 and y is 7. For equation #2, we isolate z by raising both sides to the (-3/2) power, so z=1/27. Finally answering the question: What is yz^-1? yz^-1 = 7(1/27)^-1 = 7*27=189. Did I get it right?" 

I looked at the teacher with a sweet smile. He had a surprised look on his face before saying, "T-That's correct. Please pay attention now." He walks away and everyone in class was staring at me with wide eyes. With the exception of the two vampires. Shuu was sleeping in class—how the hell does the teacher catch me but not him?!—and Reiji. who was giving me a impressed look.

Reiji

That girl is actually smarter than she looks. Although, she still needs to be discipline after school.

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ∞ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

Fuzen

I got bored after first period, so I decided to ditch class for the rest of the day and headed up to the little courtyard on the rooftop. I lied beside the white roses and slept.

 I lied beside the white roses and slept

"-zen, Fuzen, WAKE UP ALREADY!!!"

"Eh?!" I sat up fully awake to see a Subaru staring straight at me with an annoyed expression on his face. "Oh, it's just you." I was about to go back to sleep, but he pulled me up by the arm.

"Come on, it's almost sixth period. Everyone's waiting." Subaru pulled me towards the door, but I pulled away.

"Why do I have to? It's Music. Besides, I can tell you skipped class too. 5th period?" I can see him clench his fists and grit his teeth.

"You're coming with me!!" He raised his fist to the wall, but I caught it before it could cause any damage. He looked surprised when I caught his fist.

"Now, do you really think that's a good idea? You'd have to pay for school damage and you might've hurt yourself." I pouted to add for extra effect. He still looked surprised and grip relaxed. I smiled and took his hand.

"Come on, let's go to class." I can see a hint of pink on his cheek before he hid his face.

"W-Whatever, let's just go now." I giggled and let him pull me to Music.

What a tsundere.

Subaru

What the hell am I blushing for? I don't like her or anything...Arghhh!!!!!!!!