Living in Hell

Fuzen

        "Ki-no?"

        "Yes, but you might have remembered me as Kazuki."

        "You're ... You're alive?"

        "Of course. Humans can't kill that me easily." He stood up from the gold trimmed throne and took my hand, pulling me up.

        "How? Y-You were killed right in front of my eyes. If you escaped, somehow, why didn't you take me with you, like you promised?" I had all these unanswered questions jumbled up in my head, dying to be answered.

        "Because," The soft look in his eyes turned into a cold glare. "I grew tired of you."

        "Eh?" I thought my heart stopped for a moment.

        "Oh? Still naïve?" He had that sadistic smile that I've seen too many times. "Look, you still kept that stupid ring with you after all these years. Well, that's your punishment." He closed the ring around his hand. I thought he was going to yank it off its chain, but then he released it.

        "So all those memories I had of Kazuki were fake?"

        "Good! You're catching up! For a moment there, I thought you were stupid. But yes," His copper rose eyes, turned even colder than ice. "You were fooled."

        My legs felt like they were giving up on me. Another lie, another betrayal. My mind had all these things I wanted to say, but my mouth wouldn't move and say anything except one word.

        "Why?"

        "Why? Because I knew. I knew you had immense power, all asleep in there." He puts his finger on top of my heart. "All you needed was a push, but I got caught before it could all unravel. I needed that power."

        "So in other words, you used me." I can't believe it. Stupid..stupid...

        "Yes, I did. And I will continue to until my wish is fulfilled."

        "What makes you think I'd help you after telling me all this?" I shot back. He grinned.

        "I know you will. Because I know about your precious nii-san and his little sickness. And," He materialized a vial of crystal blue liquid. "I just so happen to have a cure in hand." Carla. He could be saved. I reach out for the vial, but it disappears before I could take ahold of it.

        "Did you think I would give something like this without anything in return?" Ugh, stop this game already.

        "Fine. What do you want?" He had that look in his eye like I danced right into his palm.

       "This why I love you." He hugs me out of nowhere. "Stay with me. Be my hostage."

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ∞ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

That was unexpected. When Kino decided I would stay with him in the Demon World, I did not expect for him to teach me how to actually release all the power built up inside me and honing my skills. It has been almost two months since I decided (or was forced) to stay in Hell. I can change forms like Aipatchi and unlock my own special power. Now that I think about it, I sound more bad-ass and villainous now. hah! Who's the cinnamon roll now, Ruki!?!

        "Kino!" I jumped him as usual, and he caught me in midair and throw me down - as usual.

        "What is it now Zen?" He asked me nonchalantly.

        "*ouch,ow, agh,* When am I going home? It's been 2 months already." I have complained about this for the time I've been a hostage here. Each time, the answer was 'Just a bit longer. ' But this time, it was different.

        "You can go tonight." Wait, what?

        "Eh? Did I hear that right? I can go, tonight?"

        "Yes, you heard it correctly." He said it like it was the obvious thing in the world. "But, I have a job for you." He pulls out the vial. "And if you do a good job, I'll consider officially releasing you and helping your brother."

        A job. Another job. Another assassination. I hate it, but I get this weird sense of happiness when I see them writhe in agony and horror plastered on their face before I plunge my weapon-of-choice straight through their vital point. So like I said, I hate killing people.

        "What's the job now?" I asked exasperatedly while toying with my flames.

        "You're going to especially love this one." Great. Another sadistic grin. He reminds me of the Cheshire Cat, not as creepy as Mother, though, but close enough.

        "Spill it already. I haven't got all day!"

          "Aren't you eager. Your new victim, or should I say victims, live in your world; back home." I thought I heard it incorrectly. He can't be talking about that place, right?

        "You're going to go visit my brothers and those Half-Bloods." My heart completely dropped. No way...

        "I'll give you 3 hours—4 at most—for you complete it. Off you go." He waved his hand.

        "Wait—!" I find myself back in the main room of the Tsukinami mansion. This was one mission I was hesitant to do.