Chapter 8

Jameka

The kids were still sleep, when I awoke so I went downstairs and was about to make breakfast, but I noticed the boys left their toys and coloring books scattered all over the floor and in the couches .

I sighed and turned on some music . " a womans work " came on . I sung along as i cleaned up. My mind soon drifted off to KaShad . We haven't talked since the day i found out RaShad was home and what went down between us . That was only a week ago, but it felt longer than that.

I kind of felt bad that I had hurt his feelings the way I did. I tried telling myself that I wasn't attracted to KaShad, but that's a lie. I'm more than attracted to him, I can actually see myself with him. I want to be happy, I want a man to hold me at night and when things get tough, to tell me everything is a'ight .

I want someone who want hurt me, the way RaShad did. I tried forgiving him for lying to me and cheating on me, but I realize that he's only going to take that for granted. If a person lie and cheat once, they'll do it again.

After cleaning up what needed to be cleaned, I put the toys in a nearby closet .

I washed my hands and began cooking. I was making sausage, eggs and waffles, nothing major. Just a simple morning breakfast to get the kids and I energy pumping.

My phone began ringing so I picked it up .

" hello? " I said, scrambling the eggs. " um, meek. " KaShad said, sounding nervous. I sighed, knowing that he probably only called to get back on good terms with me. " umhn? " I replied. " I wanna see you ma. " he said. Butterflies formed in my stomach, I was mad happy that he wanted to see me. I wanted to see him too. " um, idk . " I said, " please Jameka! I want to make things right. " he begged.

I turned the stove off and took out the plates and put them on the table. " jameka? " KaShad said. " yeah, I'm here. look, just meet me at the park in about an hour. " I said and then I hung up.

While the kids ate, I went to get dressed. I brushed my teeth first and as I was brushing I looked at the engagement ring on my finger.

So many memories of RaShad and I flashed through my brain, I couldn't cry no more. I couldn't keep wearing this ring because in the end I'll only keep feeling guilty for sleeping with KaShad, even though I don't remember.

I slid the ring off and sat it on my nightstand, I was gonna give the ring back to RaShad whenever I was to see him. I just hope we don't see each other anytime soon, I'm not ready.

KaShad

I always knew that I was a business man. But, my businesses are really booming. Cash is coming in steady and in lump sums . 

I haven't talked to Jameka in a week, I would be lying if I said I didn't miss her. I still felt bad for what I said to her, I was just hurt and angry, I know she is not like her sister. I still can't believe I even let that come out of my mouth.

I wanted to make things right with her, so I called her.

I was surprised when she answered, I thought she would never want to talk to me again.

After begging her to see me, she finally agreed and told me to meet her at the park in an hour.

It was only 10:30㏂ . I fed KaShad jr and then I ate.

I got dressed in some sweats and a black T-shirt . I put my Tim's on and then dressed KaShad Jr in the same.

I like when we matching, it makes me feel a better bond between us.