Epilogue

.... 2 months later

Currently, Jameka, KaShad, all of the children and Ms. Valerie along with her husband were at court.

" do you have anything to say? " the Jude asked Jameka.

She grabbed a tissue and wiped her eye " i can't lose my babies. They all mean the world to me —" Jameka sniffed.

" oooh, bull shit! bull shit! " Ms. Valerie screamed, banging her hand on the podium .

" order, order! you're not allowed to do that ma'am, one more stunt like that and you're out of here . understand? " he asked, .

Ms. Valerie tucked in her lips and nodded.

" continue. " the judge said to jameka.

" As i was saying all of my babies mean everything to me. They're the reason i wake up every morning, i carried them all , me! Nobody else, so there for i won't give them up! The fire was an accident  " Jameka yelled, as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Ms. Valerie rolled her eyes.

The judge then turned to Ms. Valerie " you're the grandmother of the children? " he asked. She nodded.

" you may go now. " he said.

She grabbed the stand and began to speak. " i love all of my grabdbabies, they need proper care and love . Sure their mama may love them, but she isn't a stable parent. She has a lot of things going on with her self. No real responsible mother would've left her infants and toddler in a room by themselves . I don't want my grandbabies traumatized because of their unfit of a mother. " Ms. Valerie said.

" hold up — " Jameka cut in. Ms. Valerie raised her hand up, silencing jameka.

" My 6 year old grandson RaSheen stays with me. He hasn't been home in months, he even told me why he didn't like being home! I then get a phone call from my other grandson, Dakheem. He tells me that he's left alone in a hotel room in a foreign ass country with my other grandbabies ! I then was told that my granddaughter Kayla was missing! Next thing you know a fire is started. " Ms. Valerie ranted on.

" i don't care what anybody says, i only want what's best for my grandbabies . That's all. " Ms. Valerie said.

The judge was stunned at everything he had just heard and so was everyone else in attendance.

He cleared his throat.

" this is a pretty big case and i have children of my own, and in a situation like this i'd let them choose who'd they'd like to be with.May the children stand? " He ordered.

Dakheem, Kayla and RaSheen stood. Ms Valerie husband had the triplets sitting with him .

" who would you guys like to live with? " the judge asked, smiling at them.

They all three looked at each other and smiled. " Abuela. " they said together.

Jameka as well as KaShad's eyes widened and their mouth's dropped.

" noo.  Dakheem ? " Jameka whispered.

He looked at his mother and put his head down as a tear slipped out of his eye, he loved his mother but he didn't feel as if she could take care of them all right now. She needed to get better in his eyes.

The judge nodded. " the children are in custody of the grandmother. Mother and father get no visitation unless the grandmother allows it, this court is adjourned. "

After the judge banged his gravel and the court cleared out, it was only one thing on Jameka and KaShad's mind and that was to take Ms. Valerie out.

" I'm sorry for everything, i'll never leave you and I never meant to hurt you. I told you we in this forever no matter what. " KaShad said.

Jameka smiled lightly " what we have is something real, indeed. "

In KaShad's mind he didn't have a family anymore, he was more than pissed off with his mother for getting custody of all his kids. Yeah, his kids. His brother wasn't even a factor anymore, and soon his mother wouldn't be either.

-

Weeks later,  Ms Valerie moved to West Virginia. She wanted the children to have a fresh start.

She had enrolled Dakheem , RaSheen and Kayla into their new school .

Kayla got up and rolled out of bed and stretched.

" ughh " she groaned, she felt terrible.

She slipped her feet into her slippers and walked into her bathroom .

After brushing her teeth, showering and getting dressed she fixed her hair and headed downstairs.

" you look sick kayla, are you alright? " Ms. Valerie asked.

Kayla nodded and began eating breakfast, she suddenly felt the urge to throw up.

She pushed her plate to the side and ran up the stairs.

She ran into the bathroom and vomited, along with that vomit was blood.

Ms. Valerie stepped in and her eyes bulged at the blood. She rubbed Kayla's back.

" come on darling, im taking you to a doctor. " she said.

She grabbed her purse and car keys.

" come on boys and Kay. " Ms Valerie said.

Once at the doctor and they got signed in or whatever, Kayla was soon called to the back.

After telling the docotor what the problem was, they issued kayla a gown to put on.

They then ran some test after giving her shots.

" take this cup and pee in it. " the nurse said. Kayla nodded and did as she was told.

After 20 minutes of sitting in the cold room, the nurse came back.

" how old are you and when did you start your period? " she asked.

" im 9 and i started when i was 7 . " Kayla answered.

The nurse sighed and began writing.

" what's going on? is she okay? " Ms. Valerie nervously asked.

" she's HIV positive and she's pregnant . " the nurse said.

Ms. Valerie clutched her chest, this was a big surprise to her. Why? Because, she never knew anything about Kayla being raped or doing such activities that Amber's brother made her do. She didn't know because, Jameka nor KaShad told her anything about Kayla, at all . HELL, if it wasn't for Dakheem,  she wouldn't had known Kay was missing.

This is something real though, things like this rarely happen, but the thing is this all actually happened.