Chapter 1

I have always thought my parents were happy and contented with each other. Romantic dinners, happy celebrations, stolen kisses from the dining room.

Guess I was wrong.

It's been a year since the separation but I could still feel how messed up it could look like. But today, this was different. I'm in a mansion welcomed by two open arms and the man in front of me speaks and smells rich that I could already feel it. Well long story short, my mom found a new partner in life that type of cliche.

"Cleo, welcome home. How's the trip darling?" Mr. Fiennes, my mom's boyfriend spoke with a signature smile plastered on his face.

You know that kind of smile that makes all those women swoon? Yep, it still works. I was on the verge of laughing my ass but I gained my composure quickly and tried my best to be socially active this time.

"Thank you Mr. Fiennes, well the trip was tiring but nonetheless anything that makes my mom happy." I genuinely smiled at him.

They both smiled in delight and gave me one of their sappy looks with each other and just literally made a quick kiss in front of me and that made me want to cringe right here and now.

      "Just call me Chris, that would be alright." Then he smiled once again.

That's a lot of energy for today.

As soon as the greetings were over. I settled into my newly bedroom, it was great because it was the perfect size and my new personal space. Things were still unpacked but I made a note to open those tomorrow since I was tired from the trip, so I decided to spoil myself in a scented bath, filled with my favorite florals and bubbles. Surprisingly, the bathroom was even massive than I thought. I had 20 minutes to enjoy myself then it's time for me to take my dinner downstairs after.

I slipped on my white tank top and short shorts and headed downstairs. In need of a good dinner from the tiring trip.

I'm feeling the welcome okay, might as well just be comfortable with it.

"Chris stop, make the boy eat." Mom trying to complete her words in between her laughter.

"Hey guys. What's for dinner? I'm sorry for the lack of clothing I figured I'd sleep here later anyways." Keeping it cool or else my mom would go nuts if she doesn't approve of this.

"It's okay honey, come. Join us please." Chris as ever the gentleman he was, offered me a seat next to some guy.

Wait what? Who could this be?

       "Cleo, this is my son. Matheo."

Well shit, talking about the Lord's blessing. His sculpted jaws, those cheekbones, piercing brown eyes and his muscles, I could go on.

I might be in for another sin.

"Are you done checking me out?" he muttered as I watched those plum lips if his moving.

Oh, turn off.

Guess who's cocky, I cleared my throat feeling embarassed that he just caught me ogling at him like a hawk but I tried to held a demure expression, in no way to feed his ego.

"Cleo and Mat, son obviously you two are going to be living under the same roof so I want you two to treat each other with respect, okay? If anything wrong happens. Just tell us so we could settle this before any trouble could possibly interfere."

Bless you, Chris for your abscence of witnessing how embarassing I was meeting your son a while ago.

"Huh, really." The pretty boy muttered then he continues to eat in silence, brows furrowed; holding back like he had something to say.

While Chris and mom didn't seem to notice since they were both in excitement, sharing and expressing their ideas what to do for the month. Afraid to look at the boy beside me, I continue to eat my lasagna.

"How old are you?"

"As if, I'd answer."

Seriously? Who barges into a room with no one's fucking consent?

"Just answer the fucking question." He said in a stern voice.

He's getting on my nerves.

"You just barge into my room and did I heard that right? You just literally asked me how old I'am?" I tilted my brows and crossed my arms waiting for a decent answer, perhaps.

But you know what? I've got nothing. So instead I'm— oh shit

"My eyes are up here." I snapped and that seem to break his thoughts.

"What did you just say?" Smiling mischeviously as he casually leaned at my door.

"And you even have the decency to stare at my tits while I was talking to you. The whole time? really, Mat?" I rolled my eyes.

Dear God, help me.

"Well look at that were getting on to nicknames Cley, never thought you could be that fast." He said, emphasizing the nickname and laughing after like he was delighted of testing my patience this late.

         My fucking bad.

        "Cley? Seriously? do you find it a habit now to annoy me? get out of my face, asshole."

       He chuckles and I never thought how sexy he could be while he was doing that.

       "I'm a man for Christ sake, your tits were fucking distracting."

That's it.

"Fuck you." I spat, smiling sweetly and slamming the door while I heard his annoying smirk and it irked me, that it was kind of making me feel horny.

"Someday, love. Someday."

Way to go, Cleo. You've got a good choice of words.

I huffed in frustration, ready to go to bed and it dawned me, a hell of a year with Matheo Fiennes.

This couldn't be good.