Chapter 49

"Ms. Fiennes? you may come in. The doctor is ready to see you." The receptionist spoke, as soon as I came inside the clinic.

                 "Oh, thank you." I utter, a faint reply and then the door opens and comes Theo who was just right on time and we finally made our way towards the ultrasound room.

                 I looked back giving him a small smile and he held my hand giving it a light squeeze a response for reassurance. Ever since those test results came I felt this became a nerve-wracking process for me and I believe being a first time mom is nowhere easy. But to see that we're making progress, together. It takes out the negative thought that have clouded my mind ever since I had the time alone, left to overthink.

                 "Hi, good day you must be our lovely patient." The doctor greeted, a warm smile on her making me feel welcome.

                 "Good morning, doc." I spoke, as she gives a court nod to acknowledge us both and indicates for us to take a seat.

"Angela will do, the fact that I'll be your doctor throughout your whole trimester and your labor. I want you to feel comfortable." She explained whilst the smile was still plastered on her face.

And it made me beam, happy and surprised as it almost took me away from reality. Well technically, she's a doctor and that's what she does but it was a change to see that at least someone looked happy with the state that I'm in.

I wonder if my mother finds out, I might as well be having a death wish. I mentally sigh trying to focus and make this appointment successful because the fact that I was already hungry and it was necessary to have a full bladder before the procedure, I badly needed to pee and get me some burger.

"So tell me, how many weeks has its been since your period didn't occurred?" She questioned.

"To this day, it's been almost 4 weeks." I replied seriously while he was beside me, caressing my lower back to give me some comfort.

"We are a little bit early but it's still a good thing, better to be sure and have an early check. We don't want any issues with your pregnancy, don't we." She spoke, writing something down on her papers.

I remember the second those test results came out positive, he had a lopsided smile as he held the figures and a proud look on his face was evident whilst I can tell that he was in a thought. As much as their's anxiety in our presence, I can definitely tell that their's excitement between us to become first time parents. Which leads to today, an appointment with the doctor because he suggested we should already have one to secure my situation and an advantage that the doctor was his colleague as well and so far everything was doing great.

"Okay, I would like you to first lay on the bed and let's see how you've been doing with your pregnancy." She announced and I willingly do so.

"Could you lift your shirt, please." She adds in the midst of preparing in my ultrasound.

"Okay, so I want you to stay relaxed and still and will get this thing done in a minute." She suggested and I took a deep breath, an anticipating moment as I get to see a closer look of my pregnancy.

                       So she starts, as she gently applied a lubricating jelly which was quite cold and she takes her ultrasound transducer carefully placing it on my stomach, she presses down moving it around at the same time and does the process the second time around.