Chapter 26

Matheo's POV

            "Sir, should I email this now to Mr.Chris? It's already the complete file of the project." Karen's eyes were hopeful but her voice was on a low register, tired it may seem.

            I've been persistent, letting the rest of my team do an over time work.

             Checking for the time I glanced at my watch, 10:30 it reads. We've been keeping tabs and doing major constructions on the objectives of the new planned real estate project that is set to open for this month, considering that we were on a time limit we needed to get this thing done as soon as possible.

            No one's going home until I said so.

             "Yes, attached the minor details that I've added." Handing her a piece of paper with a stern expression on my face, I was determined to finish the paper work to this day.

            Tapping the pen on the table, I pondered an idea. I determined all my choices, distinguished the ideas that would make the project better. After a few sketches, minor and major details and points I was already closed to finish.

              "Gather up." My voice was in command, alerting my co-workers and gathering them together on the space provided.

              "In the mean time, Karen had sent the files to the board leaders. If ever they'd lack their choice of liking, I still have a list of options. For those who have I assigned some major roles in the project, I need to have as much as idea you can put in into the project. For everyone's sake, we need those investors and that load of money. Alright, now go get some sleep and I will see everyone tomorrow." A couple of nods, tight smiles and hopeful faces I could see approving but they seem to be in doubt.

               They might be, but I was sure as hell we could nail it and sell this project in no time. Dismissing the meeting and the activity; I followed to organize my things that were clustered, fixing myself as well while my eyes were about to droop, body tired from all the work. I went out of the office headed straight right home fishing my keys in my pocket when I heard the clanking of heels coming from afar.

               I looked forward as I saw Abby coming my way; clothes that were like her second skin  that weren't actually intended for office and were more like for burlesque. With all that makeup that covered her entire face I used to see her as seductive but as she was walking towards me, I felt like she was forcing herself to do so and deep down inside she could be vindictive deceiving if she wanted to.

                "Matheo, work's all good?" She greeted, smiling widely as her eyes scanned my body.

                 "Yes, we just actually finished. How about you? How come you're still here, it's late." I asked, curious and concerned trying to make a decent conversation.

                 She smirked, fluttering her eyelashes. "I had to sort out some papers from the apartment units the fact that were expanding, I'd like the papers to be updated as soon as possible."

                I nod for a reply, the encounter was as  simple conversation between co-workers. I had to go before anything of this starts to be suggestive.

               "I'll head home. Stay safe, abby." I spoke as I was about to move when she suddenly grabbed me.

                "Are you sure? You don't want to take me home? and I forgot to tell you, I might pay you a visit at your place. Your parents are delighted with my company." With her suggestive and seductive voice, her hand started stroking my arm.