Chapter 22

Matheo's POV

Arriving, I carefully parked my car inside the garage as I got off taking a walk in the late afternoon. I opened the double doors only to see the house vacant in a complete silence.

A typical day at the household.

While I gazed around the place searching, I heard a sound at the kitchen. I wondered, who could it be? The doors were practically locked. With long strides and a curious look painted on my face I went directly to the kitchen to find none other than, Cleo.

Well, not a bad day at all.

Standing besides the countertop, back facing me. I ogle like a mad man at the sight as she was in one of those dresses that cuts below the ass hanging loosely at the bottom giving me something to imagine. I somehow managed to control myself while she was in the middle of making a meal caught up with the sounds of her cutting the ingredients. I cleared my throat and that seemed to stop her as she dropped a few utensils on the chopping board.

"I didn't know you cook." I uttered, a bit of surprise.

"I can't but technically, I'm trying to make myself a sandwich." She replied hesitantly.

I took a seat beside the countertop eyes fixed on her, she kept her head low avoiding notice whilst fully focused on her chore. After a couple of minutes she was already placing the bread at the top, taking a look with a satisfied smile across her face. I kept my mouth shut letting her spend her time while the house was silent, the tension's undeniable. To much of my surprise, she gave me a plate of her home made sandwich.

"I thought you might be hungry from all the work, enjoy some." With a steady gaze on the meal she was making, she figured.

"Thanks." I replied in a genuine manner.

                Taking a bite, I let the taste travel along my taste buds. I raised my brow as it unexpectedly tastes good for just the right amount of meal that she made.

                 "You don't have to look so surprised, I can make a mean sandwich you know." Ashamed, for she had practically saw me do a critique on her food.

                   "My bad, I just can't help it you know ... business ethics interferes with my private circle." I shrug nonchalantly, hoping she'd understand.

                   "At least you could just say thank you, my sandwich ain't that bad." She spoke directly as she rolled her eyes, taking a sit across the table.

             Feisty she was, she knows what she means.

                 "It's delicious okay, and of course your sandwich was never bad to begin with." I teased in a joking manner, earning a faint blush from her cheeks and a glare after.

                   "Asshole." She mumbled, disregarding my remark as she was about to eat what was left of her sandwich.

                   "I'm just joking baby girl." I replied a smirk on my face, as I leaned on the chair in a laid back manner.