Chapter 50

"If you need anything, you know you can call me." She spoke as we near our place whilst she pulled the car to the curb, turning the engine off after.

                   "Thanks ... for sucking up with me, you're the best." I utter, giving her a hug as she did one as well.

                   "I guess I'm stuck with you forever." She mutters jokingly while we laughed along.

                  Climbing out of the car, I do a quick wave of goodbye and with a grin on her face, she started to drive and took off. As she left, I walk towards home as the entryway came into view while I happen to see Matheo's car parked on the garage and luckily my parent's car was out of sight, I pushed the doors opened and a relief the house felt silent indicating they were still at the office. Hearing the approach of footsteps coming downstairs, comes Theo on my sight. He was walking casually with a stern expression on his face basically expecting it was our parents but when he saw me downstairs with goggly-eyes, admiring him from afar. His face lights up, smiling genuinely as he took the stairs in a second, an eager feeling had settled within seeing I was around and we get to spend the time together at this moment.

               "I was wondering if I should pick you up, the meeting surprisingly ended up early." He spoke as he approached me, placing a kiss on the top of my head.

                     A gesture greeting of his that had become my favorite.

                  "Hmm, missing me already?" I teased, wrapping my arms around his torso while I look up at him.

                  "You don't even know." He smirks, a playful smile on his face as he stares into my eyes while I sigh comfortably, loving the feeling.

                   "Tired?" He mutters, holding me by the waist caressing me on my lower back.

                   "Tired, but never of you." I playfully replied and although it sounded cheesy, he was laughing from my comment.

                   "How about we take dinner and then get some sleep for the night." He suggested, looking at me intently.

                   "Yeah, sounds good. I think it's from my pregnancy, I've been a turtle for the pass few days." I utter, knowing how well I love to sleep and tiredness is a friend.

                   He smiles and he lowered his eyes, places a hand carefully on my belly caressing it on the process and with his gentle hands, how his eyes had the look of adoration, a soft smile plastered on his face as his features softened. My heart warmed from the sight before me, whilst I lovingly stare as he took his time feeling my belly.

                  "I bet our little angel is making you tired." He spoke a thought out loud, a lopsided smile on his face.

                    And I couldn't help but to beam at the words that came out of his mouth masking the tears that were about to come. Laughing softly while he never took his eyes off my belly, letting him be as he was admiring it with his eyes and was touching it gently. 

                   "What do you think our little angel would be? A baby girl or a boy?" I said, curious as to what he thinks.

                   "Anything with the two, as long as you have a successful delivery and the baby's healthy. That's all that matters." He sternly spoke, with sincerity in his eyes as his eyes were back on me.

                     I flash him a smile, reaching out to caress his cheek and he leans in into my touch giving it a peck while he held my hand on his cheek. As my heart accelerated and the overflowing of emotions came in, making it a hard task for me not to cry. Knowing he was far from the idea of being a typical father who would like to already have the specific gender for the baby, he was more concerned about how my pregnancy will do.