Chapter 34

We arrived at the company only to see a pile of papers on her office. I was patient to finish the task, stacking the papers to their respective shelves as I was almost done. Iv'e been having a feeling of excitement, eager to see him around the company. While my inner being was telling me to back out before it's too late but I really feel the need to be around him.

I'm convinced, that I'm too stubborn for my own good but, the cliche of all quotes tell to seize the day and I might as well do so.

"I'm done." Halfway through I spoke as I stacked the last papers, letting out a sigh of contentment.

"Thanks sweetie, how about you go grab yourself some breakfast." She suggested whilst eyes focused on her papers, busy on the matter.

"Are you sure?" Excited somehow but I asked in worry, I'd rather have her take breakfast on time with me.

"I'm fine, you go ahead. I'll just take my breakfast with Chris." She insisted and as always they were basically two peas in a pod.

"Okay, I'll go ahead." I respond and as soon as she gave me the money to spend on, a feeling of excitement rushed through my body.

As eager I was to see Matheo around in the company, it might be a good idea if I could invite him for breakfast. He doesn't typically take his meals at home, this could be the time to ask. I strode across the hallway, taking turns and corners as I near his office but Karen, her secretary was nowhere to be seen. Guessing that she might had attended to things she'd need to finish, I spare a minute to wait but to no use, there was still no sign of her. His office held silence and usually when he takes visitors you could hear a bit of the muffled sounds coming inside. So I made the wild guess, for he could be available at the moment sensing that the room was quiet and dead, I decided to open door.

As I did, it became the moment of truth.

Only to see a woman seated on his desk, facing Matheo on his seat and both were in the midst of sucking each other's faces. The woman had the nerve to turn around and of course; it was none other than, Abby.

And it all became clear, crystal clear actually.

That I was nothing more than just a pathetic casual fuck, and when I thought of good and for something different, it still all leads to the equation of getting myself fucked for the only purpose of sex. I looked pathetic; but hey, I guess you get what you wish for. As they both scramble to their feet, like cats out of the bag seeing that they were caught. He stood to look for who it was and his eyes met mine, I suddenly didn't know what to feel.

"Sorry to interrupt." I spoke on a passive manner, as if I was bothering a private time. I closed the door abruptly while I was stuck wondering if I could play it cool and accept shit but my footsteps were already taking me away as I ran, I ran away to hide. I needed to stay away as far as I could as I felt the place was about to suffocate the fuck out of me.

"Cleo." He spoke, his baritone voice echoed mid-way as I cross the hallway while he seems to keep up with me as I took long steps, walking away as much as I can.

"Cleo, wait." He called out but I pay him no attention, my heart was pounding so hard blocking out all the noises while I make it a goal to steer clear away from him.

Thankfully, a throng of people was on the area as hands were dragging one another to this way and that way, undivided attention to one thing and another and very much conversing in a busy manner. Seeking this as an opportunity, I slip into the crowd giving him the shadow and the multiple faces to look out.

I got outside as the breeze of warm air greeted my senses, still erratically breathing and at the same time clueless of what to fucking do. I walked down the street, corner by corner I keep on. My body was taking me to places where I had no idea where to but still, I need to be away from reality.

Until I was on the last corner, the lapping of waves can be heard from afar while I took a seat on a bench, a sight of the vast blue sea. I took a deep breath as my chest tightened, emotionally hurt.

A big slap to the fucking face.

I could almost hear Brenna and all the other women who mastered booty calls, screaming at the nth time on my head of "I told you so", how stupid and irrational I was to get my panties in a twist. My eyes started to well up from tears but like I always do, I kept my emotions in check.

And I was not about to fucking cry today.

The heck I won't.

I remained seated; observing. I was taking in sight of the sceneries, the children in the park, the people around me doing their activities and I was definitely looking out for myself, I didn't need questions and conversations as to how I'm mindlessly doing at the beach.

A use of booze on a hard liquor might do the job.

Because I'll be damned if I'd see myself moping around all day for that reason.

W/N:

Thank y'all, for the immense support and love for this book. Let's keep on going!

Will surely try to do fast updates for more chapters. Stay lovely

-d.