How To Treat Your Tail

For mermaids and mermen out there, your tail will need a cleaning! These are some questions you may be wondering, and I answered them!

How often to I need to clean my tail?
About once a week.

What happens if sand is stuck in between the scales?
Gently put your finger in between your scales. It may feel uncomfortable or weird. Dig the sand out carefully. If you're too rough, a scale will chip off, which hurts! If you're uncomfortable with this, use a toothbrush instead!

Do I need to wash my tail after I'm in the pool?
Not really, but if the chlorine is affecting your tail when you transform, it may be time to clean the chlorine out. How to do that is to just pour water over your tail and rub until your tail feels moist again. Chlorine doesn't always affect your tail, but it does sometimes.

When washing my tail, should I be in a bath, or have a shower going above me?
If you have the chlorine problem, I suggest using the shower to help. But if you're doing your usual washing, you could just take a regular bath.

If I don't wash my tail, will it smell?
Perhaps, but not really. If you don't wash, your tail will probably be stiff and hard to swim with.

How do I wash my regular legs then?
Unfortunately, you only have 10, 15, however many seconds to wash your legs and feet. Do them as soon as you touch water!

I think I covered a lot of questions, but if you have one, I'll answer you too!

This was suggested by cyanze ! Thanks for the wonderful idea!

-StoryGirl808

(And thanks to my friend UnicornJessie for the amazing cover!!)