Mermaid Spa Day?

What better to do on a day off than have a mermaid spa day? Not to worry, here's a list of things you can do to have the most relaxing day a mermaid can have. 

1. Bath salt

Bath salt could be a mermaid's best friend or worst enemy. Some certain bath salts can irritate your tail or the skin around it. Be careful with certain salts. I'm trying peppermint bath salt and no irritation yet, so I'm assuming it's good for me to continue to use. 

According to Wikipedia, bath salts are: "water-soluble, pulverized minerals that are added to water to be used for bathing. They are said to improve cleaning, enhance the enjoyment of bathing, and serve as a vehicle for cosmetic agents. Bath salts have been developed which mimic the properties of natural mineral baths or hot springs."

I definitely suggest bath salts for the most "homey" feeling of the ocean, but of course, bath bombs or bubbles is perfectly okay too. 

2. Drink water remedies 

Being a mermaid has it's pros and cons, but unfortunately, one of those cons could be dry skin. Adding certain things into your drinking water (with a straw, of course!) can help your drying skin and hair. Some of these remedies include:

- Rice water = (sounds weird, never tried it, but apparently, it's great for your skin and hair, and even bursts your energy level!) 

- Cucumber water = (tried it and it's not bad. It has many benefits to mermaids. It gives healthy skin, and will keep you even more hydrated than you typically would be)

- Lemon water = (tried it, and although slightly sour, it makes me feel fresh. Lemon water helps keep you hydrated and having healthier skin, along with aiding digestion)

3. Watch a mermaid/ocean movie

With everything going on, am I the only one who feels like the ocean is too far away to even think about? Watching a movie or a couple of videos might help you feel better. 

My list of movies to watch would be: The Little Mermaid, Aquamarine, H2O: Just Add Water, Mako Mermaids, and Dolphin Tale. If you have any other suggestions, don't be afraid to comment to add to the list. 

Don't forget to cuddle with a soft blanket or wear your favorite pair of fuzzy socks!

I know everything is tough right now, but remember to be safe. I think we all deserve a little mermaid spa day. We can get through this!

Have a great day!

MermaidStory808