What Type of Saltwater Mermaid Are You?

If you're a saltwater mermaid and you don't know what region you belong to, this is the perfect chapter for you.

There are four MAIN regions you can belong to. The basics are arctic, deep water, coral reef, and open ocean. Obviously, it can get more specific as to what reef you belong to, or what ocean you mostly travel in, but this is just supposed to help you discover your main region.

ARCTIC MERMAIDS:
Elsa who? You're most likely an arctic mermaid if:
Tail color: blue, purple, or light pink
Power: freezing or wind
Hair color: blonde or light brown
Likes to: take pictures and/or model
If you are an arctic mermaid, you can be social when you want to be, but can also remain to yourself at certain times. You don't really like change, and you feel most comfortable near people or things that feel like home. You can be sassy, but also "chill" at times.

DEEP WATER MERMAIDS:
You're most likely a deep water mermaid if:
Tail color: green or blue
Power: lightning or boiling
Hair color: black or dark brown
Likes to: sing and/or dance
If you're a deep water mermaid, you prefer to rely on yourself, although you may have one or two close friends. You don't mind change, but you would rather know what's going on. You normally have a great imagination on topics like love, horror, and mystery.

CORAL REEF MERMAIDS:
You're most likely a coral reef mermaid if:
Tail color: pink, red, orange, or yellow
Power: water control or jelly
Hair color: blonde or red
Likes to: lead people and/or join clubs
If you're a coral reef mermaid, you love to meet new people and you're confident in yourself. You love bright colors. You're organized, but you dislike change and don't really like to explore or travel into areas that are too away from home.

OPEN OCEAN MERMAIDS:
You're most likely an open ocean mermaid if:
Tail color: blue, purple, or green
Power: water control or wind
Hair color: dirty blonde, light brown or dark brown
Likes to: play sports and stay active
If you're an open ocean mermaid, the concept of "family" is a great deal to you. You love to travel and explore new things. You can be shy, but also curious. Open ocean mermaids can also tend to be stubborn, but still follow others rather than leading.

Now, not everything is going to be perfect. You may have the power of wind and have a green tail, but you LOVE to lead people. I put the tail color, power, hair color, and likings to give you guys an idea of where you could most likely belong. The description won't be perfect either, it's the general idea.

If your tail color isn't listed on here, it's more likely that you are a freshwater mermaid rather than saltwater, which is completely okay!

Freshwater mermaids are social and careful with almost everything that they do. They are cautious, independent, and smart. There's not many freshwater mermaids, so being one is rare and amazing. The only downside is since they're rare, it's hard to find other freshwater mermaids like yourself.

We love you though!

I hope this chapter was helpful to everyone! I just felt like I should expand the descriptions of saltwater mermaids since my Freshwater vs. Saltwater Mermaids chapter wasn't very detailed.

Hopefully this chapter will allow you to understand your mermaid side a bit more :) What type of mermaid are you? I'm an open ocean mermaid!

Mermaid kisses and starfish wishes,

-MermaidStory808