Chapter 8: The hangout date

I was home alone one night. My mom had to work late and so did my dad, so I was by myself all night. I sat down with a bowl of nachos and watched the secret garden. I must of fallen asleep because the door bell woke me up. "Oh great" I said to myself seeing all the crumbs over my lap. The secret garden had finished anyway. So I turned the tv off a went and opened the door. "Joey, What are you doing here?". I felt confused as to why he would be at my door at 9:00pm. "I'm here to take you out on our hangout date, remember?". "Oh yes, but now? I mean look at me I'm not ready" I said looking at Joey who looked so cute.

 "Oh yes, but now? I mean look at me I'm not ready" I said looking at Joey who looked so cute

"You don't have to make to much of an effort. It isn't a date" Joey said laughing. "Whatever" and I ran into my room quickly finding something. Until I found the perfect outfit.

 Until I found the perfect outfit

This is so perfect. I scrambled into all of it and finally went out my room. Joey was sitting on the sofa, then he looked up and his mouth dropped. "Why is it you look so cute in denim jackets?"

We entered a posh restraint so elegant that I couldn't breath. "Wait a minute I thought you said we were hanging out?
I was thinking bowling and burgers" I joked. "I can't treat a lady like that" Joey replied. We took our table and looked at the menus. Then a young women walked over to our table. "Hello I'm Emily and I'll be your waitress for this evening" she said smiling. "What would you like to drink"? "I'll have a lime and lemon please". "Same for me please" Joey said. "Okay I'll be back with your drinks". We sat there kind of looking at each other, just smiling and not talking. Well this is awkward. Emily came back with our drinks. "What would you like to order?" She asked kindly. "Ill have the beef burger please" Joey said. I gave him a smirky look 😏 "And how about you sweetheart what would you like?". "I'll have the pasta please" I finally said.

JOEY'S POV:
I think Heidi is feeling a bit awkward. I mean I did say that we were just hanging out. But what I really wanted to do was take her on a date. I think I made that too obvious.

HEIDI'S POV:
Why is this so awkward between us? Well my crush is taking me on a "date" and I think he likes me is well from this angle.

Our food finally came. I was starving. I tasted some of the pasta and it was so delicious. Joey seemed to be enjoying his burger. After we finished eating I offered to spilt the bill but Joey said he wanted to pay. We payed then said thank you to Emily. We left the restaurant.

Joey turned to me and locked eyes with me. I could stare at him all day, his eyes were so beautiful. I felt our heads leaning in and before I knew it, we kissed.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE STORY SO FAR. I WILL BE WORKING ON SOME NEW CHAPTERS SOON IF YOU WANT TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT HEIDI, JOEY AND EVEN BELLA.
THANKS FOR READING 😃💘