Chapter 9: Friends?!

We held hands all the way back to our apartment. As soon as Joey dropped me back at my door I leaned in to kiss him again but he pulled back like it was an accident and hoping I wouldn't know. I felt so confused, worst of, upset.

JOEY'S POV:
Heidi tried to lean in and kiss me again, but after our first kiss I realised there was no spark, there might be for her but I don't want her finding out who I am...

The next day came. I was still feeling sick in my stomach about what happened with me and Joey. Today was Monday, ugh, I couldn't be bothered to go to school. I felt lonely because my parents had gone to work so I was all by myself. After 15 minutes of overthinking I decided to get ready.

When I got out the shower I was literally sick. Again, no one was there, i felt so lonely...

School was quite awkward today. Most people there pretended I didn't even exist. By second period I bumped into Joey and all our books fell on the floor. "Heidi" Joey said cheerfully. Oh so now he wants to speak to me. I didn't answer him back, but he didn't even pull me into a hug or anything.

"Listen Heidi, I think we should just be friends, ok. It's not working out and anyway there is something I need to tell you". My heart sank as he said this, how could he?!

Joey and I skipped second period and went into the back field of our school. We both sat down on the grass. I felt like I was going to cry. He broke up with me even before we went out?!?!

Joey finally said "Heidi I'm...