Chapter 14: Unknown number

JOEY'S POV:
We all ended up going to Heidi's apartment after school to watch the women in black since her parents weren't there. In the middle of the film Heidi's phone buzzed. She looked at it, panicked inside then she put it down. She looked like she had seen a ghost, or was she just scared of the film? "What's wrong?" I asked her. Bella looked at us worried. "What's up Heidi?" she said, but Heidi just said "nothing is wrong everything is fine". But I knew something was up.

HEIDI'S POV:
When I looked at my phone, I saw a text from a unknown number. My heart had a sharp panic for 2 seconds when I saw the text. It said "Don't go near Joey EVER AGAIN!!!". I couldn't believe it, after what had just happened I didn't need this I thought.

When Joey and Bella finally went home. I decided I needed to get my head straight from the text. My first thought was the bullies. But they didn't seem to like Joey in that way from the tone they were speaking. My second question was how did this person manage to get my number. What if it leaked?!?! "Oh god, oh no" I said out loud. I decided to run a bath to calm myself down, then go to sleep to take my mind off this crap.

*the next morning*

I saw Bella and Joey waiting at the bus stop on their phones. When I got closer Joey saw me and his eyes glowed up which made my heart melt. I was so lucky to have him, what was I thinking before? I could of lost him. Hey babe Joey says pouting his lips for a kiss but this time I WAS the one who backed away. "I need to speak to you guys" I quickly said pulling on both of their arms. "What is it?" Bella asked confused. Joey looked at me weirdly.

The bus then showed up at the stop. "I can't go to school" I said while i tried to hide my tears. "Heidi why can't you? You love school!" Joey said and Bella agreed. "I just can't, I don't feel in the mood and something, well... Something has happened". Then I heard this cranky old voice from behind me say "are you three gonna get on the bus or what?!" I angrily turned around and shouted "WHY DON'T YOU JUST SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" Everyone was staring at me so I ran back down the road hearing Joey shout behind me "Heidi, wait, please stop!!!"