Chapter 7- The Reunion

The sun shined radiantly on Twilight's face, penetrating her eyelids and serving as a reminder to start the day. Twilight rolled over and noticed Pinkie Pie's letter on her bedside table. She decided that even though her mission was urgent, she really needed to plan some quality time with her friends in order to show them her gratefulness and to apologize for ignoring them.

Twilight opened her library door and heard a bluejay singing in a nearby tree. After a trot through Ponyville, she arrived at Sugarcube Corner.

"At least Pinkie Pie should be here," She thought to herself.

Twilight rapped on the wooden gate a few times and almost immediately was greeted by Pinkie Pie throwing herself onto her.

"Oof! Pinkie Pie! I'm so glad to see you!" Twilight exclaimed from underneath the pink mass.

"You have no idea!" Pinkie Pie replied, "Everypony's been wondering what happened to you! Like, are we best friends, are we not? Are we best friends, are we not? Are we-"

Pinkie was interrupted by Twilight covering her muzzle.

"Yes Pinkie Pie, of COURSE we are still friends! I'm sorry to make you feel as if we're not. I promise, if you can call all our friends together, I'll explain why I've been so wrapped up."

"Okey Dokey Lokey! I can make that happen before you can say elements of harmony!" Pinkie shouted.

Sure enough, within two minutes, Pinkie had rounded up Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash. The six ponies took seats at a table outside.

Twilight Sparkle explained to the ponies that she had a top secret mission from Princess Celestia to carry out. Her friends were very understanding. Twilight then asked, with sincere interest, what they all had been up to. Most answers were pretty predictable and true to what her friends love. However, a particular story of Applejack's seized her utmost attention.