Chapter 22- The Compromise

"You know what, let me just fly up there and survey the land real quick," Rainbow Dash excitedly proposed.

When she returned to the cliff, she shared her newfound information with the others.

"If we continue on our path, we should eventually reach the ponies we spotted across the way.  So, both of our ideas will work!"

"That's amazing news!" Twilight replied, "I hate when decisions split us apart..."

The mane six all bowed their heads slightly, each a little embarrassed of past incidents.

So, they trekked up the mountainside, squinting through the lowering sun and, for the most part, keeping their mouths closed.  As the sun reached the horizon, Rarity pulled down her wide-brimmed hat.

"Um, maybe we should find somewhere to settle down for the evening, if that's alright with you..." Fluttershy sweetly suggested.

"Hmm," said Twilight, inspecting the sky, "I suppose so, Fluttershy.  We don't want to get hurt overnight and have to stop our journey.  But where will we sleep?"

Rainbow Dash flew forwards, shouting, "Leave it to me!"

The ponies stood still and watched as Rainbow Dash discovered a cave and entered it courageously.  After about five minutes, she returned to the spot where her friends were standing.

"It's perfect in there!" Rainbow stated proudly.

"That's great news, because at this point I REALLY need somewhere to sit and try to clean up.  Just look at these horrendous appendages!" Rarity whined, extending her hooves.

Pinkie Pie forced a laugh.  The ponies glanced at each other with desperate hope that the night would be alright.