Chapter 9- The Report

Twilight was out and about the next morning by 5:00 am, which wasn't too fantastic for Spike.

"Spike. Spike! Wake up, Spike!" Twilight wailed.

"What is it, Twi?" Spike answered.

"Sorry to alarm you, it's just that I need you to take a letter for me, to send to the princess."

"At this hour?"

"Yes. It's of utmost importance!"

"Ok, ok," Spike said, "tell me what to write."

"Dear Princess Celestia," Twilight Sparkle began, "Yesterday, during an excursion with my friends, Applejack unknowingly provided a crucial piece of information that pertains to my mission. I'd like to know if I can come to the castle this evening to discuss this with you personally. From, your loyal student Twilight Sparkle."

After sending the message, Spike inquired, "What's going on, Twilight?"

"I'm just getting closer and closer to finishing my quest, I think," Twilight said hopefully.

"Well that's good," Spike said before shoving a gem in his mouth.

After getting approval from Princess Celestia, Twilight made her way to Canterlot. She pondered the intentions of the mare that asked for more grape mix while she sat on the train.

"Need anything, Miss?" an assistant asked, noticing Twilight's confused expression.

"Oh, no thanks, sir," Twilight replied glumly.

Once Twilight trotted through the castle doors, she was swiftly escorted into the throne room by two large guards.

"The princess is expecting you," a guard stated in a monotone voice.

"Twilight," Celestia said sweetly, "come sit, and share with me your knowledge."

Twilight talked about all of her experiences thus far, and afterwards, Princess Celestia became very proud of her accomplishments.

"What next?" Twilight queried.

"Well, perhaps feign some more interest in your friend's story. Retrieve details on this pony's appearance, then discreetly find out if other ponies are associated with the mare."

"Good idea," Twilight said excitedly, "Thanks Princess!"

Just then, Princess Luna appeared from the shadows.

"If you happen to journey at night, I shall gladly aid you," Luna said.

After bowing respectfully, "Twilight replied, "Thank you. It's an honor."