Chapter 16- The Potion

"Ugh, I've been potioning of course!" Purple Potion said dismissively.

"Well, what kind?  I've read all about the natural and artificial concoctions of the ancient Bumble Bauble, and I've learned many remedies from my close friend who lives in the Everfree forest!" Twilight shared excitedly.

"Uh, huh," Potion said, in between pouring ingredients, "I don't really care, no offense. I've told you what you wanted to know so will you leave?"

"No," Twilight replied, appearing in her face, "I want to know what stuff specifically."

Purple Potion then turned around to send Twilight a sincere look.

"If I tell you, do you promise not to repeat a word to anypony else?" Purple inquired.

"I promise," Twilight said, aware that she would have to break it later.

"I'm telling Princess Celestia," Twilight thought.

"Alright then." Purple said matter-of-factly, "Haven't you ever wanted... just for a day... to-to live eternally, forever, just like the princesses?"

Twilight's eyes widened; she knew exactly what was coming next.

"Oh no, it's not right. This can't be! She doesn't realize what she's doing," Twilight Sparkle thought with fright.

"I've been creating a one-of-a-kind compound, one that grants the power of immortality!" Potion said proudly, showcasing her main work station.

Suddenly, Twilight felt lightheaded and fainted.