Chapter 14- The Laboratory

Twilight nervously waited, adrenaline coursing through her veins.  She realized that her legs were shaking uncontrollably, and she tried to stop them, but to no avail.

She had never felt this mix of emotions previously in her life.  Maybe it was because her friends had always been present and by her side in dangerous situations like this one.

Soon, Twilight noticed that nopony was answering her knocks.  She lightly pushed on the door, which turned out to be very sensitive.  In swung open with a whooshing sound, and hit the wall.  Suddenly, Twilight was faced with the most intricate display of equipment she had ever seen.

And her suspicions were confirmed: Purple Potion must really have had been holed up in there.

Because inside the house, there were items crammed everywhere.

Twilight Sparkle stared at the room in awe, taking in the entirety of the splendid array.  On her immediate left, there was an assortment of test tubes, and on her right, there were graduated cylinders, beakers, and Erlenmeyer and Florence flasks.

There was a bookcase in the far right corner completely filled with books and tools, such as a microscope and a magnifying glass.

There was also a basket filled to the brim with jars of chemicals, and bits of materials.

From the ceiling hung a gigantic chandelier.  It illuminated the tops of the various tables around the room.

But perhaps the most noticeable and prominent aspect of the crammed room was the billboard on the farthest wall, which held millions of notes, sketches, blueprints, and formulas.

Standing directly in the middle of the organized chaos was the brunette mare, Purple Potion.

Purple Potion slowly turned to stare in shock at Twilight, then changed her expression into one of disgust and hate.