Chapter 23- The Relief

The next morning, the friends awakened and noticed that the sky outside of their cave was cloudless and perfect.

As Twilight peeked out, she said, "I just hope that the weather we are experiencing is indicative of the pattern of today's events."

"I agree," Fluttershy commented, "and I certainly hope that we can converse with the ponies that we saw the other day."

"Well, hoping is all well and good, but we ought to get moving if we expect to do anything!" Applejack said coyly.

Directly following these words, the team was off.  The farther they traveled, the higher their spirits soared, and the mountains surrounding them appeared less and less intimidating.  Fortunately, by tracking down each rock, the ponies came across the strangers from the trail about halfway through the day.

A group of 9 ponies carrying old barrels lay just 100 feet in front of Twilight and the others. They politely approached the strangers.

Rarity began, "Pardon me, good fellows, but did you happen to see a mare, traveling by herself, moving along this path earlier?"

She proceeded to describe Purple Potion and explain her intentions, while her friends stood nearby.

"As a matter of fact," one of the stallions began, turning around to face her, "we did.  She seemed to be in a hurry, a huh huh."

"Thank you kindly, good sir." Rarity said, smiling.

She whispered to Pinkie Pie, "It appears that we will find her presently."

Before the mane six continued past the nomads, the same stallion inquired, "Mares, are you sure that you wouldn't like to walk with us, just for the sake of safety?"

"No, thanks," Twilight Sparkle answered, "but we appreciate the offer."