Chapter 5.

*Nicky in the MM.*

Kay POV -

"All I'm saying is, you need to get yo' happy go lucky ass up &' do something!" Exclaims Nicky through the phone's speaker.

Rolling my eyes slightly, I continue to listen to her fuss.

"You've been here 3 weeks, &' all you've been doing is sitting in that depressing house with your daddy." Nicky complains.

"Okay, that's not true." I say, cutting into her raging fit. "I've been going to that little park sometimes." I say.

"Woow, that changes a lot Kay." She says sarcastically.

"Okay, so what do you want me to do?" I mumble into the phone.

"Have fun! Go out. There are so many things you can do in Nola Kay." She exclaims.

"I guess." I sigh. "Look I'll talk to you later, ok?" I say.

"Yeah hoe, you better." She replies, before hanging up.

After staring at my ceiling for about thirty minutes, I make my way into the kitchen.

"Kay?" Calls my dad, as I walk by the living room.

Backing up &' going into the living room, I respond.

"Sir?" I say.

"I called up the school &' got you enrolled & everything. You start school Monday." He responds.

"Oh um, okay." I say. "Is that all?" I ask.

"Mhm" he responds.

"Can I um, use your car?" I ask nervously.

"Yeah, go ahead." He says, eyes still on the game that he's watching. "Where ya' going?" He asks glancing at me.

"I really don't know to be honest with you. I just wanted to get out the house, I'll probably stop at a couple of stores though." I tell him.

"Alright, well here." He says, while handing me a fifty dollar bill.

"Thanks." I smile, definitely not turning down money. What I look like?

Getting the keys from kitchen, I make my way out the door.

"Be safe out there Kay!" Yells my father.

"Okay." I respond back.

Getting into the car, I slowly make my way out of the neighborhood. Stopping at a stop light, I pick up my phone to call Nicky.

"This is big daddy, how may I help you?" She answers the phone.

I put the phone on speaker so I can continue to drive.

"Is that how you answer your phone?" I laugh slightly.

"Nah, just when you call." She snickers.

"Well I have my dad's car, you wanna go to the mall or something?" I ask.

"Duh, I'll meet you there. Do you even know how to get there?" She questions.