Chapter 21.

"Stop looking for a partner. Focus on your goals & rebuilding your life. The right person will eventually find they're way to you." - Some dude on Twitter.
*************************

Kay's POV -
     Saturday, May 30th.
                       At home.

Today was the day.

What day may you ask? Today is the day Life is supposed to be picking me up. I was kind of nervous, but happy at the same time. Yes I wanted to spend time with him even if it wasn't for a perfect reason.

I was currently watching tv in the living room, waiting for Life's arrival. Feeling another presence, I turn around to see my dad walking into the living room.

"Hey dad." I smile at him.

Him & I haven't really associated with each other that much, mostly because he was working all the time. When he didn't have to work we'd talked sometimes, but not as much as a father and daughter should talk. It was just like friendly conversations. I didn't want to have friendly conversations with my dad, I wanted to have a actual normal convo with him.

"Hey baby girl." He says, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Whea' you goin taday?" He asks me looking at my attire for today.

"Oh I'm just going out with Dre & Nicki

"Oh I'm just going out with Dre & Nicki." I lie, playing with my fingers.

I hated lying to people, especially to people that I'm close with. It always made me feel like a bad person. Even if it was just a small lie, it would eat me alive if I didn't tell the truth.

"Oh okay, you've been hanging out with dem a lot lately." He says, looking at me with a look I couldn't quite decipher.

"Yeah, we've become really close since I've been here. They're my bestfriends."

"Well that's good, glad to see your making friends that make you happy." He smiles at me.

"Yeah." I mumble, feeling the awkwardness set in.

"So how you liking your car?" He asks.

"I love it actually, it drives good."

"That's good." He says. "Your aunt called for you this morning, she wanted to see how you were doing." He tells me.

"Okay, I'll call her later on." I tell him. "Have yo-" I start to say but get cut off by the ding of my phone, signaling that I had a message.

504-213-6050 : on the way.

An unknown number read.

- who is this? I reply back to the message.

504-213-6050 : u always askin ?'s .. just kno I'm on my way.