Chapter 6.

Kailani 'Kay' POV

"Kay is you ready?" Yelled my father, from the living room.

"Yeah dad, I'm ready." I say walking out of my room.

Finally getting settled into the car, we begin our journey to PineView HighSchool.

"So are you nervous?" Questions my father, trying to make conversation.

Keeping my gaze fixed out the window, I reply.

"Um, yeah. Just a little."

"It's not gonna be so bad Kay, you'll enjoy it."

"Ok" I respond shortly.

Pulling into the school's parking lot I grab my backpack &' say bye to my dad.

"Be careful Kay, love you." He says.

"Ok, love you too." I respond, walking to the front entrance.

Walking into the slightly warm building, I set my gaze on the main office. Making my way to the office, I gently pull open the door walking in slowly. Noticing a middle age woman at the front desk, I walk up to it. Finally looking up from her papers she greets me.

"Oh hi honey, how are you today?" She asks nicely.

"I'm fine." I smile gently. "Um, I'm new here &' I was wondering if I could have my schedule?" I ask the woman.

"&' your name is?" She says, typing something into her computer.

"Kailani Evans." I tell her.

"Okay." She says, still typing on the device.

A couple minutes later, she prints the paper out &' hands it to me.

"Do you want a tour of the school or would you like to figure it out on your own?" She asks me nicely.

"Oh um, I think I'll just figure it out on my own. Thank you." I say &' begin walking out of the office.

Looking down at my schedule, I look to see what my first class is. Noticing that I have AP chemistry, I try to find the room number. Still looking down at my schedule, I mistakenly bump into something. A hard chest to be exact. Only knocking a couple things out of my hand, the boy picks up my things &' hands them to me.

"Damn shawty, my bad." Says the boy, while looking at me.

Finally looking up, I notice how handsome the boy is.

Caramel complexion, pretty long hair that's currently in two braids, two diamond earrings in &' now currently holding a goofy smile on his face, showing all his pearly whites

"Oh um, no I'm sorry. That was my fault, I wasn't looking where I was going." I say, smiling slightly at him.

"Yeah it was yo' fault. I ain' wanna be rude &' say that shit tho." He says, still smiling hard as ever.