Chapter 16.

Life POV -
Sunday, May 17th | 2:54pm

It's been 2 days since the shooting at the fair. This the second time some bitch ass niggas tried to shoot me & I'm getting pissed off. I haven't been in the best mood since that day, and I know I hurt Kailani's feelings that day but I ain't mean too. A Nigga just been on his toes, & I ain't been in the mood. Aubree been staying with my mom's cause I'm not tryna put my baby in danger.

Hearing my phone ring, I snap out of my thoughts & answer it.

"Helluh?" I answer.

"Aye L man, you kno dat same nigga dat set you up at da club is da same nigga dat did it again at da fair right?" Dre says through the phone's speaker.

"You talm bout that bitch ass nigga Smoke?" I ask him.

"Yeah, we still ain't got no description on em yet tho."

"Ite Dre, good look." I tell him, before hanging up.

See what I mean? Niggas wanna try to off a nigga, but to pussy to show they face.

Picking up my phone, I dial my mama's number & wait patiently for her to answer.

"Yes August?" She answers on the 3rd ring.

"I just called to see what you & Bre was doing?" I tell her, while twisting one of my lil twists in my head.

"We ain't doing much of nothin, I'm doing her hair right now."

"Oh ok, What'chu doin to it?" I ask her.

"Just two lil ponytails."

"Oh, we'll tell her i'a talk to ha later then." I say, getting an ok in response.

Standing up from the couch, I grab my keys and head out the front door of my house. Getting into my car, I pull into the road.

Idk where I'm going, but it don't even matter to me.

So deep into my thoughts, I didn't realize that 25 minutes later I had pulled up in front of Kailani's house. Sitting there for about 15 minutes, I finally decide to get out and knock on the door. Standing there, I impatiently wait for someone to open the door. About 5 minutes later Kay opens the door, looking at me in confusion.

"Life? What are you doing here?" She asks me, while stepping out of the house, closing the door behind her.

Looking at her appearance, I nod my head in approval. She was wearing some blue ripped jeans, a white shirt & some pink tims.

She looked good.

"I came hea' to talk to ya

"I came hea' to talk to ya." I say bluntly.

"Talk? To me?" She says, looking at me funny.

"Yeah girl, can ya hea?"