Chapter 20.

"The sad truth is so many people are in love and not together & so many people are together and not in love." - Unknown.
*************************

Kay's POV -
Friday, May 29
                    At School.

"So you don't wanna go?" Nicki asks me as her, Dre & I  walk to the cafeteria together.

"No Nicki, I do not want to go." I mumble, playing with the bracelets on my wrists.

"Why tho?" Dre asks.

"I just don't want to go to anymore parties, is that such a big deal?" I ask them, getting irritated by they're continuous questions.

"Naw it's not, mean ass." Dre mumbles.

"I'm not trying to be mean guys, I'm just not feeling all that well today." I tell them, pulling the door to the cafeteria open & walking inside.

It was true, I really was not feeling well today. My head was hurting so bad, it has literally been hurting every since that night I had passed out when I went on a date with Koby. I took medicine & everything, but the headaches just wouldn't go away.

"What's wrong witchu?" Nicki asks me, looking at me worriedly. "You ain't been feeling good for like a couple of days now."

"I've just been getting headaches, I'll be alright." I mumble, sitting down at our usual lunch table.

"Wassup Kay?" Koby approaches me, smiling slyly.

"Hey Koby." I mumble.

"Hey Nicki." He says, causing Nicki to wave at him & go back to W/e she was looking at on her phone. "What's wrong witchu?" He asks, looking at me with worry.

For some reason the worry in his voice & face didn't seem genuine. Maybe I'm just tripping today.

"Nothing I ju-" I start to say but get cut off by Dre.

"She needs yo bitch ass to get da fuck UP out ha face, that's what's wrong wit ha." He says, placing the food Nicki & I asked for, in front of us.

"Dre!" I mumble, nudging his arm.

"Aye bruh look, I ain't come to you wit some disrespectful shit so it's only fair if you keep yo rude ass comments to ya self." Koby says, glaring at Dre. "I'll see you later Kay." He mumbles before walking off.

"Dre why would you say that!" I exclaim.

I was honestly getting tired of Dre treating Koby like he's a bad guy or something. Koby never did anything to Dre.

"Cause ion like that nigga." He says blankly, before sitting down beside Nicki.

"Well I do!" I say, raising my voice slightly. "I don't care what you think about him Dre! You can't keep disrespecting him like that, he doesn't do anything to you!" I yell.

I was really getting tired of Dre's petty ways when it came to Koby. It was really getting childish, he was judging someone & didn't even know the boy.

"Aye look why you raising yo voice? I think you done forgot who you was talking to." Dre says bluntly.

"No I have not forgotten who I was talking to, obviously I'm talking to you."

"Aye look, y'all chill out. Y'all don't need to be fussing, it's not even that serious." Nicki says looking between Me & Dre.

"I'm not even sweatin' it, she the one getting so pressed ova da' situation." Dre shrugs, biting into his burger.