The Shrinking Potion

They continued to stare for what seems like ages, entranced in the beauty of simple magic. Finally they stopped staring at it, snapping back into action when they heard a voice calling for them at the table next to them, it was Louis Rose's Ravenclaw cousin. They turned around to hear what he was saying:
"Hey Rosie what you got there? Oh hi Albus how you doing?" He said in a crisp French accent.
"Uh" Albus started to say before being interrupted by Rose who signaled him to stop with her arm.
"I'll explain" she whispered.
Albus nodded uncertainly.
"Oh this?" She said pointing at the map "we were just checking our history of magic homework, you know big quiz coming up today! So how are you? How does it feel to be one of the first Ravenclaw in your family?"
Scorpious smiled at Rose's cleverness and couldn't help feeling something bubbling inside him...
"Oh it feels fine honestly! I couldn't have ask for a better house. I don't understand why everybody wants to be in Griffindor, I mean Ravenclaw is the best, everybody in there is just like me!" He replied with glee.
"Wow that's great Louis,well Rose, Scorpius and me better be of then!" Albus said.
"Okay go along then! And Albus you know it's 'Rose ,Scorpius and I ' right?
"Nerd" Albus pretended to cough.
They laughed before setting off towards their classes and planned to meet up at lunch so they could discuss how they were going to use the map, this time Rose took the map and pocketed it.

The first class went in a blur for the trio since they where excited to go to their double potions together and before long they where sitting side by side in the dungeon.
Proffesor Slughorn entered the classroom looking pleased, holding two red envelopes. He continued to move forwards until he was facing the students:
"Hello everyone! Today we are going to be doing a bit more of a complex potion, we are going to try to do a shrinking potion! I know it's a bit of a challenge, but I do believe that you first years have the same capabilities as the third years" he paused to set both envelopes down in front of Albus and Rose and whispered:
"I know you still don't want to join the club, but the least you can do is come to one of my parties"
He winked and left before Rose and Albus could say anything.
"Okay now in the board I listed the ingredients that you will use and in your book on page 394 you can find the instructions to do the potion."
Their was a groan from the students as they set to work, finding all of their ingredients from their bags and opening their books.
"Agh, why do we have to go to the stupid party? I never signed up for any of this!" Albus said.
"Come on Albus don't be so rude! he's right, the least we could do is attend one of his parties I mean how bad can it be?" Rose replied.
Rose and Albus stuffed their envelopes in the bags before opening their books and starting on the potion.
A few minutes later Scorpius groaned:
"Rosie- Rose could you lend me your book? I kind of just spilled caterpillar blood on mine... it's horrible"
Rose nodded and slid the book book towards him, he leaned in closer to read the instructions.
Rose started to stare uncontrollably watching his platinum blonde hair against the erie lights of the dungeon and his icy blue eyes read the book. Again she felt butterflies in her stomach. Scorpius caught her staring and he blushed, adding caterpillar blood to his potion. Rose coughed akwardly and continued to add leeches to her potion. Albus just stared at them both with his eyes squinted.
Time flew by and before they knew it, it was time for Slughorn to check their potions. He glided along the first row of tables scratching his little notebook and making weird noises when he didn't like one, finally he stepped over Scorpius's and said:
"Ah my boy! it's perfect! Would you like to join your friend Rose and Albus at the party? I know you don't have an envelope like theirs , but you'll just read of theirs..."
Scorpius nodded dumbfounded.
He moved over to Rose's cauldron and shouted his approval:
"Everyone come and see! For these two potions are perfect if only all of could do it with such precision and-"
He was cut off by a loud bang, Alana Finnigan had just made her shrinking solution explode, causing everyone near it to start shrinking immediately and in moments time more than half of their classmates had shrunk to the size of a peanut.
The trio started to laugh at how ridiculous is all was, but Slughorn shushed them and immediately took all of the students in his hand to Madame Pomfrey. Including a very strange looking Alana.
"Class is over" he said and everyone cheered as they picked up their books and rushed to the great Hall for their lunch.