Quidditch trials

As November approached, Rose found herself constantly stressed, not only was she tackling so much homework that her brain hurt, she was also having to train constantly for Quidditch and the problem was that she didn't really have a broomstick, she had only ever flown in her dad's old broomstick, but she had never had the chance to own her own so she was forced to use the school's and they were ancient, nevertheless she was having a lot of fun, she couldn't be more excited for the Quidditch team trials which were coming. She trained harder than ever, practicing her catching, speed and everything. Thankfully she had help Albus who wanted to make the Slytherin team and Scorpious who didn't seem to have anything else to do.
Rose woke up super early the day of the tryouts, barely eating a slice of bacon. She was super nervous, she knew she was good, but she also knew that she would be competing for the spot with some very talented people. She eventually convinced herself to eat a bit before joining Lucy and headed toward the Quidditch field, only to discover that people where already there, ready to watch. She also looked around the potential tens candidates for anyone who could be a threat. She knew that Lisa Bell was going to tryout and she was good as well as Marissa Wood who was rumored to be great. She gulped as she headed to the changing rooms and pulled on a raggedy old Hogwarts Quidditch robe, tag they where forced to wear at the tryouts.
The atmosphere was tense and nobody in the room seemed eager to talk, everyone except Lily who kept chattering about her wanting to be a seeker, her set of skills and about Lysander coming to see her.
A few tense minutes passed inside the changing rooms before they heard Roxanes voice calling for them outside
"OK everyone! Time to start with the trials I need everybody to form a line...everybody!"
The group obeyed without hesitation, they didn't want to give a bad first impression, even if they knew Roxanne well. The moment they where out of the room, Rose was hit by a strong, chilly wind that carried the sounds of her cheering classmates towards her ears. She grinned as Roxanne formed them into lines according to what position they were playing.
"Okay, now first I want to try out the chasers...the rest of you lot will stay here! In a line!" She said with confidence as she beckoned Rose's group forward.
"Let me check the list first...Rose? Ok...Lucy? Yep...Lisa Bell? Ok...finally Marissa Wood? Oh hello!" She checked off the list, looking pleased. "Now me and the team here will test each one of you... You will be graded and then chosen for the highest score."
She walked to the edge of the field, mounted her broom and zoomed upward, signaling Fred and James.
"Lucy! Come on!" She called.
Lucy gulped as she soared upward at a fast speed and the test begun. She had to dodge many bludgers, avoid crashing with the team, shoot goals, swerve and catch. She did really well and received an 8 from Roxanne. She flew back down and sighed in relief as she grinned at Rose and walked back to the stands, hoping to get in the team. Lisa Bell passed first and got an 8 as well before it was Rose's turn.
Rose felt really nervous as she soared upward and waited for Roxanne's sign. She heard her whistle and zoomed forward, avoiding a lot of bludgers successfully, catching the ball from James and scoring a goal. She did this again several times with success before receiving her grade.
"9!" Roxanne called, grinning "That was very good Rosie!"
Rose felt her worries melt away as she hit the ground and sat to watch Marissa try out. She did horrible. She crashed into James, almost knocking him out and got hit by a bludger. She hit the ground hard, her face contorted in rage. The crowd booed, disappointed.
"How? No! Somebody must have confunded me! I'm Wood's kid!" She wailed before storming off.
Rose sat there speechless, surprised at how badly she'd done, but she was also very happy as that guaranteed her a spot on the team. 

An hour later the try-outs were over and the team was now made up of James as keeper, Fred and Roxanne as beaters, Lily as seeker and her, Lisa and Lucy as chasers. She rushed towards her friend, filled with joy as hey tackled her in a hug and congratulated her, everyone except Albus who had ran off to his Quidditch try-out.
"You did great Rosie!" Scorpious said with pride.
"Yeah you beat their butts!" Alice said.
"Thanks! Let's go then! We've got to see Albus!" Rose said gratefully.
They arrived at the other end of the Quidditch field and watched as Albus successfully caught the snitch every time and got a spot on the team as well.
When his turn was over, they rushed to congratulate him, but stopped abruptly. The crowd was booing loudly at him and calling him names. Rose frowned, why were they being so mean?
"You're a freak Potter! You don't deserve to be on the team!" Anne Crabbe screamed at him "You're pathetic and a Griffindor loser like your whohoo daddy!"
Rose had had enough. Nobody insulted her family. She rushed passed a stunned Albus and punched her straight in the face.
"You right foul git! He's worth as much as any of you!" She shouted.
Anne scrambled away from her, but kept shouting.
"Oh yeah? You learned that from your filthy mudblood mother didn't you?" She teased.
This hit a nerve, Rose lunged toward her again, but was pulled back by Scorpious. Only this time Alice reacted too and ran towards Anne at full speed and tried to punch her again, but was stopped by Albus.
"SHUT UP YOU!" She hollered.
By the time they had calmed down, the whole crowd was staring at them. She huffed alongside Alice as they walked away from a bleeding Anne.
"Rose! Rosie! You didn't have to do that you know?" Albus said quietly." You too Alice!"
"I know! But she well deserved it!" She answered angrily.
"Yeah Albus! That girls got some nerve to insult you in my presence...." Alice said, her teeth gritted.

A few minutes passed by before they where completely calm again.
"Well this means that we'll be competing against each other! Get ready to lose!" Rose nudged playfully at Albus's ribs, grinning.
"No you get ready to lose!" He said, trying to make her happy again, but there was no need she and Alice were fine now and they couldn't be prouder.

The gang walked happily back to the castle broomsticks on their shoulders, ready for whatever was to come.