The Baby is Coming!

Yes, hello! I am back. I survived exams! Yay! Here's the next chapter that I've been working on for a while now. Enjoy!

Rose stared out the window, her eyes wide as she took in the all too familiar scenery. She longed, for what seemed to be the first time in her life, to go back home from Hogwarts. Her sense of safety there had been shattered. She felt betrayed by the ancient walls, offended by the winged boars in the gates, abused by the many passageways... She longed for the comfort of her own bed, where she could sleep at night without the worry of being killed while she dreamed. She smiled at the thought of seeing her family once more and turned to Lina, her crazy owl who hadn't't shut up in all of the trip, and stroked her head.

"Rose" she heard a cool voice call.

She turned so quickly, jumping out of her revery, that her neck cracked painfully. It was Dominique with her usual tight skirt and scowl on her full lips.

"What?" she replied numbly, eyeing her cousin curiously.

"You've got prefect duty. You and Scorpious" she said with a glance at a snoozing Scorpious.

"Fine. I'll be there in a second" she replied, standing up.

Dominque scoffed and stomped out.

She smirked at the thought of waking Scorpious up from his sweet slumber and inched towards him. Her hand darted out between his rips, poking him playfully while she murmured "Scorpious!".

He woke with a start, rubbing his eyes.

"What" he mumbled sleepily.

"We've got prefect duty sleepy"

He groaned loudly and stood up, stretching from head to toe. He gave Rose a small smile with shining eyes and pulled her close. Rose gasped, surprised, he hadn't been exactly romantic or particularly friendly to her since the "accident". He leaned forward, his breath on her skin, shivers running up her spine with contained passion. He closed the space between them and she felt her lips touch his. A spark erupted in her as the kiss went on and on, the taste of mint lingering on her lips. He pulled away, a sly grin on his mouth as he looked at her with so much love, she thought she would melt.

"I've missed you, Rosie" he murmured, still leaning slightly on her.

She smiled widely and pulled him in once more.

An hour or two later, Rose paced the silent corridor, the doors rattling in the train's wake. She felt at peace, enjoying the fact that Scorpious, the real him, was back. she paced up and down, occasionally calling someone off for sending a dungbomb flying through the air or for playing loudly exploding snap. She found herself grinning  as the train came to a shuddering stop, she gabbed hold of Scorpious's hand and raced to their compartment.

"Come on!" she called.

He raced behind her and snapped the compartment door shut, they slumped lazily as they picked up their stuff, now joined by Alice and Albus who had been talking while they where gone.

"I can't believe you all get to have fun this summer while I have to endure a whole month of suffering. I mean my dad's taking me to Ireland to study plants!" Alice said incredulously, snapping her trunk shut once more.

"Aw, i hope you have fun!" Albus said mockingly.

Alice hit him squarely in the shoulder with a smoldering scowl.

"Joking!" he said, his arms outstretched innocently.

"At least you get to travel" Scorpious said bitterly "I get to spend the summer trapped in the mansion!"

Rose grimaced, imagining poor Scorpious trapped in the dark house, desperately bored.

"Ah well" Rose said sweetly, trying to lighten the mood as they travelled down the train.

They reached the end of the passageway and jumped off, their luggage rattling beside them. They each met up with their families and said goodbye.

A few weeks later, Rose found herself in suffocating chaos as the family got ready for the babies' arrival. The days went by in utter confusion, each family member busying around the house. They decorated, cleaned, painted, visited hospitals...all of what seemed like desperate attempts to be prepared for the new arrivals. It all was leading up to July, the month for the arrival, the month of Rose's doom.

She found herself, one breezy morning in July, next to Victoire, talking to her peacefully about baby names and how being a parent would be.

"Yeah, I really like the name Aimee, but..." she said, rubbing her belly.

"Oh! I like that name." Rose replied, eyeing her wearily, thinking she would pop open soon.

Suddenly, James walked in the room, sipping on a coffee wistfully, his arm around a girl's waist. It was Alana Finnigan, James's newest catch. She seemed nice enough to Rose. She was funny and kind with short, wavy brown hair with chocolate eyes. James looked happy with her, happier than with anyone else and that was saying something. Ever since he had brought her for Summer, Harry's attitude had tensed, expectant. It was as if he was waiting for something, a drastic chance. The whole family knew that James was nearing his end of school, his seventh year being the next, and everyone felt like he was getting ready to be settled. Live life, work.

"Rose? You're zoning out!" James said, smirking as he entered the kitchen.

Rose sighed dramatically, her cheeks puffing in frustration. She turned back to Victoire and felt her stomach drop. She was clutching her big belly, face pale and burrowed eyebrows.

"Vic?" she asked, her heart beating madly. Was this it? Would she be giving birth soon?

She took a deep breath, as if to calm herself.

"I-I think it's time Rosie" she whispered, her tone scared.

Adrenaline instantly surged through her veins as she jerked out of her seat, ready for action.

"A-Alright. Okay. I'll go get someone" She stammered.

Victoire nodded, face strained in pain. Rose bolted to the kitchen, her mind racing madly as she swung the door open. James and Alana had been "busy" with each other when they jumped apart.

"Rosie!" James complained.

"Shut up, will you? Victoire is going to give birth! Hurry up!" she snapped.

Their faces instantly contorted with concern and ran up the stairs. Rose ran back to Victoire only to see her collapsed on the floor, sweating madly. Okay.., Rose thought, The real show had begun.

Also, I don't know if you noticed, but the format changed a little bit for this chapter. That's because I wrote this on my computer. Please ignore mistakes, I didn't't even have time to check it!