An Embrace in the Darkness

Hiii. I'm back! Here's the next chapter...

Rose woke up the next day in an exhausted daze, she hadn't slept one bit last night and her body ached for energy. She had tossed and turned all night with the images of her little brother torturing her raw; she just couldn't come to accept the fact that he was gone. She would never see his sweet smile when he woke her up, she would never smell his dandelion hair again and she would never, ever, have the pleasure to hug her little brother once more. He was gone from her life...forever.

It was a hard thing to phantom really: the loss of a loved one.

It was definitely a hard pill to swallow...

She jumped out of her cot bed unceremoniously, there was nothing for her to pretend. She was injured, and sad and tortured...There was no need for an act of wellness where she was center stage. There was no need to pretend that she was okay; she wasn't and for the first time, that was okay.

"Morning love" Madam Pomphrey called from the corner of the room, having just seen her move "Does anything hurt now?"

She ruffled through her robe's pockets, apparently searching for ointments or creams as she approached her.

Rose pointed to all of her body. She had aches in her legs, gashes on her arms and cuts on her back. Everything hurt, she felt like she was broken and useless.

Madam tusked in disappointment and starting rubbing cream on her back as she lay on the soft bed and as she did, her mind swirled back to the only thing that kept her fighting: Scorpious and she shifted her weight to the side of the bed and stared at his pale, sleeping figure. He looked so peaceful, she thought, as she watched him sleep. He looked so innocent as he slept and dreamed of far off places, forgetting the experience he had just been through, forgetting the gashes that cut across his skin. He could forget it all while he slept while Rose simply couldn't forget the tortured past or the worrisome present.

But still, she hadn't explained, she didn't have him back. She was alone, completely and utterly alone in a world of pain and misery...she didn't know if she could hold on any longer

"Ow" she moaned as Madam touched one of her deeper cuts.

She sighed and flicked her wand on her wound, it sealed immediately. Rose looked down at her arm and felt a tear slide down her cheek, she couldn't, she couldn't, she couldn't, she couldn't!

The pain was too much too bear, her thoughts too much to live through and her heart to broken to beat.

She couldn't.

"I CAN'T" she screamed and threw herself painfully off the bed, her head in her hands and her throat raw from screaming as she cried.

She couldn't live. She didn't want to live. There was nothing here for her except the love of someone who would probably never forgive her.

She was alone, so, so alone.

She sobbed for what felt like for years, her hands in her hair, trying to yank it out and her body drooped on the floor, rolling.

"Don't" a soft voice cooed "Stop"

She looked up with tears still falling down her face and met eyes with Scorpious. She stopped.

"Sc-Scorpious" she stuttered, choking back her tears.

She felt the energy return to her body, her senses tingling and she finally looked around her. The scene was one of stress; Madam Pomphrey stood in the corner, looking scared, Draco had his head in his hand as he watched her and Hermione was huddled in a bed, staring blankly ahead at her troubled daughter.

"Rosie" he whispered in her ear and she saw his hand waving everyone away in the corner of her eye.

They were alone, but somehow they weren't...They were together.

"Scorpious I have to tell y-you something"

"I know you do" his voice suddenly turned cold, harsh even.

Rose swallowed back bile, how could she even explain, in words, what had happened when she wasn't even sure what had truly gone down with Collin?

She opened her mouth, but found that she simply couldn't speak, her throat was constricted with the memories of her betrayal and she struggled to regain breath. She understood his demands for the truth, but could she tell it?

"I-I don't know what to say Scorp" she managed.

He crossed his arms over his chest, clearly unconvinced.

"Okay well, um here goes." She took a deep breath and told it all to him; how she had fallen under the effects of a love potion by mistake, how she had thought she loved Collin until she came back to her senses and how she had kissed him so many times.

It was a hard tale to tell, a feeling like a dead weight seems to be spreading in her chest, but she managed to explain everything to him and when she finished with a shaky breath, she felt relived in a way she had never felt before. She felt free of a burden she had carried for the longest time. She felt relieved even though she knew that Scorpious probably hated her now.

She looked up into his striking grey eyes and saw tears pooling inside them, above a warm smile.

"I knew my girl would never betray me" he laughed as he wrapped his arms around her and held her in their comfort.

Rose laughed back, it was okay. It was all okay.

They held each other as if their very existence depended on each other, as if without their touch, they couldn't breathe. Rose felt like the feelings she had kept hidden for so long had finally cried out in pain and expressed themselves. She felt relived even though aches still racked every inch of her body and free even though she was held prisoner by her brother's death

"Hey Rosie?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you"

"I love you too"

And just like that, they had embraced each other in a most passionate kiss filled with joy from both sides. They were together again, complete.

"Please don't leave me ever again" he said between kisses.

She laughed on his chest and knew that she would never let him go. Not now, not ever.

Hey, so I don't even remember when I last updated and I know that's horrible cruel for you, but I had a terrible case of writer's block and I haven't been in a right place mentally. So, I'm very sorry and I hope that you really enjoy this chapter.

I promise that when everything's back to normal I'll update more :)

Question of the chapter: Would you have forgiven Rose?

Cheers! Luv ya!