Branded

Hiiii. I'm back from my somewhat writing coma and here with some emotionally draining content. Yayyyyy!
I didn't have time to edit this so excuse any errors...

Scorpious's POV:

He flicked his eyes open, the bright light filtering from the window having woken him.  He moaned silently as all his pains and bruises hit his body like a lash, beating against his raw skin. He could feel how broken he was, what they had done to him. He tried to stand up, but found his arms bound by covers. He was in a cot next to a large window in the hospital wing, the cot for hopeless cases he thought. His small jerk of movement was responded by the shuffling of feet coming closer to him until he felt a figure press against the side of his bed and a thin hand press over his hurting forehead, it was Madam Pomfrey.
"Scorpious dear?" She asked, a note of slight panic in her tone.
He groaned in response, his throat not willing to speak. She sighed in relief and set off, her feet shuffling anxiously as she collected what she would give him. He struggled to understand the world around him, his thoughts blurry, his vision hazy as he tried to remember exactly what had happened to him that faithful night. As much as he tried to remember his kidnapper's faces, all he could see was his red dotted vision as they kicked him and pointed wands at his chest. He could remember the searing pain erupting through his body, leaving him defenseless, a useless heap on the floor as they went on and on...He tried to recall being taken to the hospital wing, but all he could see where flaming red curls bouncing with worry. Rose.
"Rosie" he breathed, barely audible. It was all he could manage.
He heard a gasp from the bed next to him and a stumble as a figure came marching to his side. He felt her soft breath on his neck as she sobbed into his shirt, the grief of having him back overtaking her. He smiled faintly, his lips barely moving to show how happy he was to have her back. His Rosie. His everything. She suddenly jumped backward, as if realizing that she was hurting him with her tears and kneeled next to his bed, her head held close to his,
"Sorry" she mumbled "Scorp?"
He tried to nod in reply, but his head stayed stubbornly put. Madam Pomfrey came bustling to the other side of his bed.
"Don't expect a reply dear" she said tenderly "His throat must be burning. It wasn't just a few bruises they gave him... He'll have to stay here for the time being. Curing him won't be easy"
She gently slid her hand below his pillow and hoisted his head up slightly so he could see her concerned face, she smiled tight lipped and lifted a bottle to his lips. He obeyed, opening his lips slightly, letting the warm liquid sweep through his throats and into his stomach. It left him feeling as if a light had been turned on inside of him and he was warm once more. He found strength in his arms again and pushed himself into a siting position. He shook his head, to clear his thoughts and took in his ragged, broken body. He had bandaged cuts all over his chest, still oozing with warm blood, bruises on his left wrist, cuts and pains all over his legs. He could barely recognize his own self and his eyes widened in shock.
"I know it's a lot to take in dear." Madam Pomfrey said, lips pursed "They gave you quite a treatment and a big job for me. You had two cracked ribs that I patched up, a deep dagger cut in your chest that I mended up and well, all of those bruises. I think the worst part of this will be the mental stress and shock they gave you, that will be hard to mend. The mind is more complex to cure than the body"
She took out other ointments and bottles and gave them all to him, leaving him with a high sense of sleepiness and dazed eyes. Madam left, apparently satisfied and opened the doors to a few more visitors. Within seconds there was a large crowd of friendly faces around him and he felt himself grin. He could see Albus with bloodshot eyes, Alice with tangled hair, Hugo with bags under his eyes and his dad...eyes bloodshot, disheveled and puffy eyed with a big smile on his pale face, tears streaking down his cheeks.
"Scorpious" he croaked, his emotion too much for him to handle.
"Dad" he acknowledged, wiping a stray hair from his face "you look awful"
Draco smiled widely and engulfed Scorpious in a very painful hug, he let go quickly, not wanting to hurt him. Suddenly he looked down at his left arm and his face darkened considerably. Scorpious's gaze traveled downward to his left wrist were many bruises had formed from his beatings and saw thick black ink, crusted with dry blood, forming a small serpentine figure issuing from a skull's mouth. The dark mark. Scorpious's mind swirled with disbelief as he took in his father's ashen face, uncovering his left wrist. His tattoo, worn out by the times he had tried to slash it out, matched his. Draco suddenly stood up and ushered everyone out with a serious tone, turned back to his son with a grimace and putting a hand to his cheek.
"Everything will be okay. Rest my son" he left the room, his footsteps echoing in the somewhat empty room.
Scorpious looked down to his wrist once more and saw, to his astonishment, the snake coil up in an inky swirl and bare its fangs back up to him. He grimaced and turned away from it, laying his head down on his pillow and shutting his eyes close, not wanting to face the truth. As he drifted to sleep he could hear the three stern voices of Harry, Draco and McGonagall drifting through the small crack at the base of the door.
"Harry! Don't you understand? The branded my son! They will be back" Draco hissed.
"I do, Draco. I was branded once myself and I remember the panic it induced in everyone. But we must not send the whole school into a panic" Harry said in a matter-a-fact tone.
"What happens in this school is my business. The boy will be in no harm while I am standing" McGonagall assured.
"Minerva, they will be back. And next time I don't think they will be as merciful"

Are you confused? I do feel evil for updating like this, but hey all authors are evil. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and are ready for the next one which will be painful for your hearts ;)
Don't forget to vote and comment!