Christmas Sorrows

A week later it was finally Christmas Day and Rose woke up with a start by Albus who had come into her room, followed by Scorpious, and started shaking her awake.
"Albus! Al..." She moaned as she opened her eyes wide. She flushed deeply and pulled up the covers "Albus Potter your not supposed to be here!"
Albus gave her a cocky grin as she sat up, trying to avoid Scorpious gaze.
"What do you want?" She mumbled.
"Presents Rosie! Come on! We want to open them you know!" Albus piped up.
Rose glanced at the corner where the trio's presents lay and smiled sleepily.
"Ok. Ok.... Let me just get changed first!" She said as she quickly got into the bathroom pulled on some shorts and a random t-shirt. She looked so ugly, she thought to herself as she went back outside. She found the boys curiously peeking at the presents, trying to guess what they where, but when they caught sight of her Scorpious grinned, thinking that she looked pretty, and Albus tapped his foot.
"Come on then! Go ahead you impatient gits!" She told them as she sat down and did the same.

After an hour of ripping and tearing presents apart the trio found themselves drowning in paper and full of joy, for their presents had been great. Albus had gotten a whole range of candies and Quidditch supplies, Scorpious had gotten a bunch of sweets from home and books and Rose had gotten a bunch of sweets, clothes and books. They laughed as they made "snow angels" with the papers and headed downstairs for their usual breakfast, the only difference was that instead of the usual eggs and bacon they had French toast with sausages.
After finishing their breakfast they decided to help around the house, decorating and cleaning the house for the Christmas dinner, where Alice would finally arrive as well as Luna's kids.

A few hours later the slouched on the couch, exhausted from all the cleaning.
"Agh! I'm way too tired!" Albus complained.
"Yeah. Me too"  Scorpious breathed, wiping sweat off his brow.
Grandma hearing the two's complaints came bustling up to them.
"Well, what are you doing? It's time to help set up the tent! We can't all fit in here, no. Come on! Go outside" she ushered them.
They groaned as they headed outside, but Grandma stopped them.
"No, not you Rosie. You go freshen up for dinner upstairs!" She said with a wink, earning a sigh of relief and a smile from Rose and a moan from the boys.
"Why does she get to relax?!" Albus complained with his hands raised.
Grandma didn't answer, she just smiled smugly and went into the kitchen.
"Ha ha! See you later boys!" Rose said triumphantly as she ran up the stairs and collapsed into her bed.

An hour later Rose was ready to head down to the big dinner. She was wearing a navy blue dress with long sleeves that made her look pretty. She glanced at her mirror to look at her freckled, pimply face surrounded by her red curls and smiled, she was ready. She came out of her room feeling a bit scared, for she always felt anxious of what people thought of her, even her own family. She descended down the stairs and was greeted by many smiles and gasps from her family and she blushed, feeling happy, but what made her even happier was when she looked at Scorpious who looked handsome in his suit and saw that his jaw had dropped and his eyes where entirely focused on her. She blushed as he straightened up and he and Albus headed towards her.
"You-um- look nice..." He murmured.
Albus looked at him funny and smiled at Rose.
"Well come on! Let's celebrate!" He chanted as the tree hooked arms and went to the tent where most of the family where already gathered.
At that moment Rose saw a flash of yellow tackling Albus to the ground. She gasped as she held on to Scorpious for balance as she realized that the flash of yellow had been Alice, who in her excitement to see Albus had tackled him in a hug. He lay there shocked with a cocky smile.
"Albus! I missed you! I mean all of you! Get off the ground you lump!" She said as she heaved herself off Albus and pulled him up.
"Merlin Alice! You almost gave me a heart attack!" He said, clutching his chest.
Alice smiled.
A little while later Grandpa came in the tent with roasted turkey and was greeted with cheers as they all say down and dug in to the delicious food, talking and having a good time.

As they finished their meal and Rose was more than full, the adult made the table disappear and filled the tent with chairs and balloons so they could all gather.
The trio enjoyed this precious time grandly, talking about everything, making fun of Lily and Lysander, hearing Fred's account of the story which was hilarious:
"Yeah! She totally liked me! Did you see how she tried to seduce me?! Oh yeah she likes fiery that one!"
Drank eggnog and hot chocolate, played with some crackers and of course got their sweaters from Grandma:
"Okay everyone! Come get your sweaters!" She called.
The family rushed forward and each of them got theirs. Rose got a green one as usual and Albus his blue, but just as they where about to walk away Grandma did something that warmed Rose's heart.
"Wait! Don't go everyone! I have one more sweater" she said, a gleam in her eyes.
Everyone looked around to see who was missing, but found no one.
"Well I thought that since Rosie and Albus cared so much for their friend that they brought him here.... I thought it would be rude not to consider him as family."
Everyone immediately looked at Scorpious, but he didn't seem to understand.
"Scorpious dear."
"Me?" He said, his lip trembling.
"Of course you!" She said as she pulled out an emerald green one just like Roses and handed it to him with a hug.
Rose felt tees of joy pricking her eyes as Scorpious smiled and hugged her back, feeling loved, but just at that very moment an owl came swooping in and landed on his head.
He jumped and grabbed the envelope in his hand and opened it, Rose looked at him curiously, what could the letter be about? She watched as he finished reading it and dropped the letter, shaking with tears.
"Are you ok dear? It's only a sweater you know..." Grandma said worriedly.
He shook his hand, it wasn't the sweater that upset him.
"N-No it's n-ot that... My mums dead." He whispered as he choked in his own tears.