A Dangerous Acusation

Months later, after Hogwarts had successfully won the second task, the gang was sitting by their big oak tree when interesting news hit Roses's ears. Alice had been curiously reading the daily profit when she gave out a big, loud gasp and put the paper down with an expression of shock. Rose sighed, expecting Alice to be dramatic about nonsense as she always did, but then, she spoke.
"Guys, you have to listen to this : 'according to ministry officials Auror Gibbius Dangle was found dead outside of Borgin and Brooke. Our sources report that he was found with a bottle of poison in his cloak and evidence that he had been imperioused several times, they also found that the last spell his wand ever cast was an unforgivable curse, Avada Kedavra. "This is plain weird" a ministry worker, who remained anonymous, revealed to us last night "since none of our Aurors had been active at that time and he had not been seen at work for some months...." This left our wizarding community in panic, causing a series of protests and demands. "How can we even trust our ministry anymore? First a seriously dangerous death eater mysteriously disappears from his cell in Azkaban and then the Auror who had been guarding him turns up dead!" Fiona Sprint, a waitress, told our sources, leaving us all with one big doubt over our heads, if we can't trust the Ministry, then who can we trust?'" She finished with a grim expression. "I don't like this, I don't like this at all"
Rose's jaw dropped, her mind swelling with worry. How could this happen? It all seemed very suspicious.
"But, how? All of this seems-" Albus started, but was interrupted when Scorpious suddenly jerked his head up, with a startled expression and stood up quick as a bullet.
"What-" Rose cried as he ran away from them, into the castle.
The gang didn't even think twice, they immediately sprinted after him, slowly gaining pace. They ran and ran, pass portraits and doors, pass students and rooms. It seemed like they ran forever, not one of them uttering a single word, before he came to a halt in front of a long tapestry. They panted for breath as they stepped inside. Rose gave a shuddering gasp as she took the view of the Slytherin common room in. The room was large and round with a towering ceiling, it's dark atmosphere and the many green cushions and chairs. Lights flickered in a table as the Slytherins caught sight of them.
"What are you doing here? Go away bi-" Anne Crabbe sneered from a corner, but was cut off by Albus who had shot her a look that could kill.
"Shut your mouth! You evil prick!" Alice snapped back, earning a dirty look from Joe Goyle.
"Hey! You respect her!" Nicolas Zabini said with a hand around Anne's shoulder.
Alice glared at them one more time before they left the room, muttering foul things. Rose turned to Scorpious, who had been frantically searching for something in a desk.
"Scorp..." she whispered in concern as he whipped out a parchment and started to scribble madly.
"Not now Rosie" he said through gritted teeth as he continued to scribble on the paper with his quill furiously.

He wrote and wrote for minutes that felt like hours, the gang holding in their breath in anticipation. They knew that what he was doing must be serious since he kept a grimace that resembled a scowl as he jotted the last sentence down with a sigh. He whistled a high pitched tune and Romeo, his owl, came soaring through the room and took the letter in its clutches.
"To dad" he murmured as the owl took flight, through the dank window.
He turned to look at Rose with a worried expression that didn't suit his age and sat down on a couch, apparently exhausted. Rose followed suit and sat on a couch, facing him.
"Sorry. I had to send the letter as quick as I could" he addressed the gang "I-I... wow I don't even know how to say this." He paused and looked at the grandfather clock on the mantel. "Well, as you guys know, strange, fishy things have been going on in the Ministry, most of them revolving around the Malfoys and Dolohov. You see, or maybe you don't, that its all connected in a way. First my grandmother joins the board of governors and hate spread like wildfire, then my mother died out of suspicious reasons, Dolohov escapes from the highest security prison, his guard, the auror, is found dead out of Borgin and Brooke with a bottle of poison, evidence that he was imperioused and evidence of murder, finally my uncle was found dead outside of Borgin and Brooke at the same time Gibbius was found. Don't you see?! This was all planned. Someone must really hate my family..." He finished with a rattled breath.
Rose felt her mind swimming with theories and questions, her heart beating loudly in her chest. Silence arose between the cold atmosphere of the gang, making Rose shiver. Albus stood up, defying the silence.
"So, you're saying that someone is out to kill or get revenge on your family?" He said, not fully convinced.
Scorpious nodded silently. Alice pinched her nose, twiddling with her bracelet.
"But, who?" She croaked, clearly in shock.
"Dolohov" Scorpious replied with venom.
Rose gave a stifled gasp.
"Dolohov?" She asked.
"Who else? I mean it's all in a way related to him. Think Rosie, think"
She did. Her mind coming up with wild ideas, all of them pointing at Dolohov. Scorpious was right, it had to be him. He must want revenge on Lucius for his unfaithfulness and planned it all. The evidence said so, first, when Gibbous still worked at the Ministry he must had hated the Malfoys and spread rumours about them, Dolohov must of heard of this and found a way to get him to guard him and then imperious him. He must have poisoned Astoria, killed his uncle and helped Dolohov escape without knowing it. Then the poor bloke turns up dead, killed by Dolohov himself. Rose thought as the pieces clicked in her head. If this all was true, then Scorpious was in terrible danger.