three

josh's pov

"josh! get your ass down here"

i groaned and ran down the stairs. at the bottom of the steps was my mom.

"what's up ma?" i replied.

"there's new neighbors! i thought we should be nice and go introduce ourselves." she said with a smile.

"sure why not. just under one condition." i stated.

"what is it?" she sighed.

"don't bring up my cancer. i don't want them to feel pity for me." i raised my eyebrows for any recognition.

"okay. cmon let's go say hi!"
•••
the first thing i noticed was a u-haul and people coming in and out of it with boxes. there was a female about my mom's age, a male about a couple years older than the lady, lastly a brunette that looked about my age.
my mom started walking over to them while i trailed slowly behind her. mom got their attention quickly, only because she can be really loud.

"hello! you must be our new neighbors!" she yelled and caught the other lady's attention.

"we must be! hi, i'm kelly! that's my husband chris and son tyler." kelly pointed to the others.

"i'm laura, this is my son josh." she pointed at me.

i gave a small wave and smile. mom made conversation with tyler's parents while i stood there awkwardly. i looked up from the ground and saw tyler staring at me. his cheeks slowly started turning pink once he noticed me staring back. he gave me a small smile and i gave one back.

mom and i said our goodbyes and walked back to our house. i ran back up to my room and flopped on my bed. i sighed and looked up at my ceiling. for some reason, my mind went to the thought of tyler and his pink cheeks.