fifteen

a/n: sorry that this stupid chapter took so long to upload. i honestly had no inspiration at all. so if this chapter is shit i apologize.

josh's pov
the date with tyler couldn't of been better. i enjoyed every second with him. i know we've only been on one date, but i really want to ask him to be my boyfriend. i just want him to be mine and only mine.

today i have to go to the doctors to see how i'm doing. i'm sick and tired of all the visits to the doctors office and the hospital. the ride to the doctors was really quiet. mom usually talks a bunch but she seems really out of it today.

we walk in, mom checks me in while i have a seat. i hate it here. we wait a little bit until a nurse calls my name. i walk over and greet her with a small hello and follow her to a room. she asks me questions on how i'm doing, checks my weight, height, and all that nonsense. after a quick check up my doctor comes in.

"hello joshua, how are you doing today?" he gives me a hand to shake.

"i'm doing okay dr.carter." i give him a small smile.

"please call me ian. dr.carter is professional and all but really it makes me sound old. i'm only 25." i gave him a small nod.

a/n: i literally just made josh's doctor idubbbz. do i hate myself, yes. but this is worth it. i love ian.

"okay josh so i actually have some news for you." he said. my heart stopped. he's gonna tell me i don't have much time left. what would tyler do without me. tyler.
my nerves got to the best of me and i started panicking, ian noticed.

"no need to get all worked up, this is good news." a wave of relief washed over me. i let out a sigh and he proceeded.

"so the good news is that you're in complete remission." he gave a goofy grin and did jazz hands.

"and that means?" i said confused.

"it's gone josh. you're cancer free." he gave me a big smile.

"o-oh my god." i lost it and started bawling my eyes out. i did it.
OH MY GOD I DID IT!

ian walked over and gave me a hug and patted my back. i'm completely shocked. i didn't think this day would come. i honestly thought that i wasn't gonna make it. as bad as that sounds i really didn't have any hope left in me.

ian stepped back and handed me a tissue. i gave him a small 'thank you' and wiped the tears off my face.

"so i just want to tell you something. this is only if the cancer comes back. i'm not saying it will, but it's nice to know these things ahead of time." i gave him a nod.

"when cancer comes back into your system it's called a recurrence. a cancer recurrence happens because, in spite of the best efforts to rid you of your cancer, some cells from your cancer remained." he continued on.

"when it comes back it could be in the same place you had it or in another part of your body. in rare cases, you may be diagnosed with a whole different type of cancer." the thought of a whole different type of cancer gave me the shivers.

"recurrence is divided into three different categories. local, regional, and distant. local is that the cancer is in the same exact spot before. regional occurs in the lymph nodes and tissue. distant is exactly what it sounds like, it means your cancer spread to a whole new different area." now that was a lot of information to take in.

"i'm going to give your mom a schedule and that'll tell you when you need to come back to check if a reoccurrence happens. but for now josh you're doing pretty good." he smiled and pushed his glasses up more. i thank him again, he then walks me out to the main part of the office and bids me a goodbye.

all on my mind was that i'm cancer free and that i have to tell tyler.
oh my god, tyler, i need to see him now and tell him we can be together forever now.

mom snaps me out of my thoughts by asking me what ian said.

"you might want to sit down for this ma." her face immediately drops and the smile disappears off her face. she sat down and started tapping her knees nervously.

"well, i um d-don't have cancer anymore." she jumps up and wraps her arms around me.

"oh my goodness. my baby is cancer free, i told you you could kick its ass." she mumbles in my shoulder. she wipes the tears off her face and gives me a big smile.

"lets get you home, i know you want to tell tyler." she smirked. i felt a blush rise to my cheeks. "thought so." she chuckled noticing the blush on my face.

the car ride home was way better than the one heading to the doctors. this time we had music playing and we both were singing our asses off. i really love my mom she's put up with me through everything. in the middle of the drive i decided to text tyler.

ty ty: i'm on my way home. i have something i really want to tell you. i'll see you in a sec. : )

once we arrived home, mom basically yanked me out the car and pushed me towards tyler's house.

"go tell your boy the news." she beamed. i nodded and walked to tyler's front door. i knocked and mrs.joseph opened the door.

"oh hello josh, how can i help you." she smiled.

"u-um is tyler here? i actually have something to tell him." i said, she gave a small nod.

"he's upstairs last room to your left." she opened the door wider and let me in.

i walked up the stairs and made my down the small hallway. i got to tyler's room and heard some giggling from behind it. i just shrugged and knocked. i opened the door and what i saw was tyler sat up with some boy's head laid in his lap while he's playing with his hair. a pang of jealous went through my body.

"j-josh?" he said shocked.

"oh, u-um, hey. i was gonna tell you s-something but you seem busy. i'll uh tell you later. sorry b-bye." i said.

"w-wait josh!" tyler yelled back. i just walked away and went straight to my house. i walked straight up to my room and threw myself on my bed. tears started streaming down my face.

i thought he liked me?

a/n: so um sorry for the wait. anyways thanks for voting and commenting, it means a lot. my birthday is tomorrow so the next chapter might not be until monday. but i also start school soon so we'll see how all of this works out.