thirteen

a/n: shoutout to Blurrysixteen for voting on every chapter in this story.

tyler's pov
the night josh told me he has cancer broke me, but i know i have to stay strong for him. josh is strong so i know he can beat this. i've visited every day for the past three weeks. today josh is being released. he doesn't need chemo everyday anymore, just twice a week. my feelings for him have been growing more and more each day.

once josh gets home i'm supposed to go over to his house. he wants to finish the movies since we never did. i looked at my phone and noticed that i had a text from josh.

joshy: hey bub i'm home now. you can come over whenever. the doors unlocked. : )
me: i'll be there in a second joshy : )

i grabbed my shoes, put them on and walked next door. i walked in the house and saw josh laying on the couch with mercury on his chest. i chuckle and he looks up.

"hi ty. i would ask for you to come cuddle with me so we could watch the movies but..." he gestures to mercury.

i walk up to him and pick up mercury. josh looks at me shocked and i lay next to him with mercury laying in my arms.

"as comfortable as this is, one of us has to go turn on the movie." josh said.

"i can't there's a sleeping cat in my arms." i give him a smile. josh got up and mumbled 'asshole' under his breath. i giggle and sat up while placing mercury in my lap. josh left the room to go get us a blanket to share and some snacks.

he flopped down on the couch and started the movie. i couldn't help but stare at him.

"take a picture it'll last longer." he smirked

"you're an asshole, but i will take a picture." i grabbed my phone and took one. "dammit josh why are you so cute." he just shrugged and gave me a toothy grin.

"hey tyler can i ask you a question?"
josh said.

"anything joshy." i shake my head.

"would you like to go out to eat with me tomorrow." he said.

"well why wouldn't i?" i giggled.

"well not just out to eat." he scratched the back of his neck. "more like a.."

"date?" i finished. he just nodded with a blush on his face.

"of course i would joshy." i gave him a reassuring smile.

"sick." he beamed.

•••

josh's pov
after tyler said yes to the date, (which i'm surprised he even said yes.) we decided to just cuddle some more and finish the movies.

once fight club was over it was pretty dark out. i was a little sad that the movie was over. that means tyler has to leave and i have to be alone.

"joshy i'm hungry." tyler mumbled in my shoulder.

"i could eat. what do you want?" i asked.