fourteen

a/n: don't start the song yet pls and thx. i wanted the linked song to be first date by blink-182 but i didn't do it. also s/o to anathematyler for being a sweetheart and loving this story.

tyler's pov
i wake up startled because there's an arm draped around my waist, i then calm down and realize that it's josh. i turn around to face him and take in his beauty. he seems so peaceful and at ease in his sleep. i trace his face with my fingers and kiss his forehead. his eyes flutter open.

"h-hey bub, you alright?" he asks. his morning voice was rough but at a whisper.

"just peachy joshy." i whisper.

"are you still up for the date today?" he says, i nod in agreement. "good. let's go eat some breakfast, and then you can go home and get ready."

we get out of bed and head downstairs. ms.dun was making some french toast and boy did it smell like heaven.

"hey you two, breakfast is almost done." she gave us a smile.

once breakfast was done it was time to go. i really didn't want to leave but i'll be with josh tonight anyways. i gave a quick 'bye' to ms.dun and went to put on my shoes. i was about to leave before josh grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a hug.

"you really think you were gonna leave without telling me bye?" i just tighten my arms around his torso. "i'll text you when i'm ready. dress casual there's no need to get all dolled up. see you in a bit bub." i let go and headed back to my house.

i was excited for our date but also really fucking nervous. i've never been on a date before, no one has ever liked me enough to ask me.

i spent a whole hour just laying in my bed thinking. i was still in the clothes josh let me borrow. i decided that a shower might calm me down so i took a quick one. i made my way to my closet and decided on a simple outfit, only because josh said dress casual.

another couple hours passed by and josh texted me.

joshy: bub you ready to go?
me: yeah : )
joshy: well get your cute butt outside.
me: my butt isn't cute but ok

i grab my wallet and keys and headed out the door. i saw josh standing there looking breathtaking as always. he had a big smile on his face and man was my heart beating so fast. i still have no clue why he wants to go on a date with me.

"aww you do look cute." i blushed. "you ready?" he asked.

"you look n-nice too" i curse myself for stuttering. "where are we going?"

"that's for me to know and you to find out." he said. i rolled my eyes.

we got in his car, instead of me playing music he did. i was a little confused because he always makes me play music. he plugged the aux cord in his phone and played a song. i immediately face palmed when i heard First Date by blink-182 play.

"josh you're so stupid. why did i agree to this?"

"because i'm pretty cool." he said.

"you're lucky i like this song." i rolled my eyes and looked out the window. "can you please tell me where we're going?" he shook his head. asshole.