five

josh's pov
"josh! dinner's ready!" mom yelled up at me.
i ran downstairs and went to the table. she came back with a plate of food in her hand for me and one for her.

"so what do you think of the neighbors?" she raised her eyebrows.

"they seem pretty chill." i shrugged.

"what about that tyler kid? he seemed pretty shy. kinda cute too." she winked at me.

"mom!" i laughed out.

"what?!? i was just saying" she shrugged.

"well, if you insist, he was cute." i sighed.

"there was something there i swear. you two wouldn't stop looking at each other." she snickered. "you know you have chemo tomorrow right?"

"yeah i remember." i sighed. "i don't really want to go but i don't really want to die either."

"you can beat this josh, i know you will." she beamed back at me.

•••

after dinner, i grabbed my phone and noticed i had a message from brendon.

beebo: josh! dal and i were wondering if you want to hang out tonight??
me: sure. i have chemo tomorrow so i really can't do anything tomorrow.
beebo: sweet! well, not the chemo part. but dal and i will be there in 10
me: ok see ya

i grabbed my wallet and keys and headed downstairs. i slipped on my shoes and said bye to mom. i was hit with a cold breeze and shivered a bit. i looked at tyler's house and smirked. the smirk went away fast when i looked at the car and saw brendon and dallon already sucking each other's face. i rolled my eyes and got in the car.

"can you guys go one minute without sticking your tongues down each other's throats?" i said sarcastically.

"shut it dun. i would offer you one of my famous brownies, but i'm not so sure about that." brendon snapped.

"whatever forehead." i sighed.

"hey joshy, how's the cancer treatin' you?" dallon asked.

"i'm doing okay for now. i have to go to chemo tomorrow." i said casually.

"that sucks man. i hope everything goes well tomorrow." he smiled back at me.

"thanks dal." i replied.

after another five minutes, we arrived at brendon's house. we all jumped out the car and headed down to the basement.

"so josh anything new?" brendon asked.

"no, not really. i mean i have new neighbors. that's about it." i shrugged.

"new neighbors huh? anyone hot?" dallon glared at brendon.

i blushed at the thought of tyler.

"nope." i sighed.

"you sure about that dun? 'cause that blush on your cheeks is telling me something else." brendon smirked.

"his name is tyler, that's all i know about him." i beamed.