eight

a/n: this is a longer chapter. so yeah. also don't start the song yet. i'll tell you when.

josh's pov
i wake up and the first thing i do is sigh. i decide to get out of bed and take a shower. i got turn on the shower and step in. the hot water calms down my nerves. yes i am fucking nervous to hang out with tyler. there's something about that boy that makes me want to know more about him. i think it's his quietness that intrigues me. i mean i haven't really heard him talk before. i wonder what he sounds like.

okay josh that's creepy, stop thinking about him.

i got out the shower and went back to my room. i made sure my blinds were down so tyler doesn't see me getting ready. i quickly put on a pair of boxers and stand in front of my closet. i have no clue what to wear. nothing too dressed up and nothing i would wear to chemo, even though a hoodie and sweatpants sound amazing.

i decide on some black skinny jeans, a random shirt, a jacket, lastly my snapback. i always wear hats because some of my
hair is still there, i'm just too lazy to shave it off.

i check the time and tyler should be here in ten minutes.

fuck.

•••

tyler's pov
i haven't slept at all. i am so nervous to hang out with josh. he seems nice, but what if he hates me? his face in general intimidates me, he's so hot.
i really need to get ready it's almost one.

i take a quick shower to try to calm my nerves but it didn't work. i'm still freaking the fuck out. i don't even know what to wear. i can't overdress, but i can't underdress either.
i chose my floral kimono because i literally had to be at josh's house in two minutes.

i run out the house and go straight to josh's house. i stand on his porch for a second and try to calm myself. once i get my breathing back to normal, i knock on the door.

that was a mistake.

josh opened the door right away and i couldn't breathe.

"hey tyler! you ready to go?"

FUCK HE'S SO GOOD LOOKING.

•••

josh's pov
i hear a little knock at the front door and i sigh, tyler's here. i'm so fucking nervous.

remember dun, don't embarrass yourself in front of a cute boy.

i open the door and my heart starts beating really fast. he just stands there. i don't even know what to say so i just blurt out something.

"hey tyler! you ready to go?" i blurt, he just nods and whispers a yes. i close the door and lead the way to my car.

the car ride was a little quiet at first so i decided music would be a whole lot better than silence.

"hey tyler do you want to play some music?" i ask while offering the aux cord. he simply nods his head.

start the song. it's
first day of my life by bright eyes