six

josh's pov
"josh, sweetie get up. you have to go to chemo soon." the voice of my mother woke me up. my response was a groan of course.
"i'm serious joshua." she said.

"woah, don't use my full name. i'm awake." i sighed.

i soon got up and got dressed. i put on a hoodie and some sweatpants and headed down the stairs. mom was waiting patiently by the front door ready to go.
the car ride was silent, i usually hate quiet car rides but i was too tired to notice. when i saw the hospital i immediately felt like throwing up. chemo is the worst. i mean don't we all love having needles shoved inside us and have chemicals flowing through our bloodstream?

we slowly made our way to the hospital and made it to the pediatric wing. i'm not exactly an adult so i still go with all the little kids. it sucks seeing them go through chemo at a young age like that, they don't deserve it.
i always get nervous, every single time. after being seated a nurse comes in and sterilizes me. with my cancer, i am supposed to have two different types of drugs in me. so i get needles in both arms. i get really drowsy at first and then nausea starts to kick in. i always end up vomiting. mom sits next to me and squeezes my hand for some sort of support.
after awhile the chemo is done, and so am i. it wears me out, all i want to do is sleep and not do anything. my nurse comes back with a wheelchair and wheels me out to moms car. i thank them and literally fall into the car.

•••

once we arrive home i fall asleep on the couch immediately. mom grabs a blanket and covers me up. my cat mercury comes and lays on me too.
after three hours of sleeping, i'm awake. i check my phone and see two messages.

beebo: hey bud i hope chemo went well. get better soon.
dal: hi joshy! get some rest and feel better soon so you can hang with me and brendon :)

i chuckle and throw my phone to the side. mom walks in the room telling me she made some soup. i really don't want to eat but i have to try and keep something down.

after i ate i felt a little better. i had enough energy to climb up the stairs and make it to my room. i plop down on my bed and sigh. i look out my window and see tyler sitting in (what i guess) his room. he's sitting in front of a keyboard eyes glued to the keys. he places shaky hands on the keys and starts playing a melody i don't know. he's actually really good, scratch that, he is amazing. after awhile my phone starts to ring and ruin the moment. tyler jumps and looks out his window and stares at me. a blush starts to spread across his cheeks and god do they look kissable. i start to feel heat rise in my own cheeks filled with embarrassment. he caught me watching him. he gave me a small wave and smile and closed his window and his blinds.
i sigh and look to see who called me.

1 miss call from beebo

fuck you brendon.

a/n: i don't know much about chemotherapy so if i got that wrong sorry. also thanks for 100 reads. i don't know why you're reading this trash story.