seventeen

josh's pov
"he's my cousin."

i felt like the worlds number one fucking idiot. of course i let my jealousy get in the way and started assuming something for no reason.

"f-fuck tyler, i am so sorry. i jus- i just got really jealous." i looked down and started to blush from embarrassment. "oh and ryan? i'm really sorry for putting you in the middle of this."

"s'okay josh, just hurt my cousin and i'll kick your ass." he glared at me and then gave me a big smile. "well i think i should get going, i'll see ya later ty. just text me when you wanna finish that story." he winked at tyler and gave him a big hug then left.

once ryan left, tyler stood awkwardly in my doorframe. he was playing with the tips of his fingers and not looking at me. i sighed and sat at the edge of my bed. that's when tyler spoke up.

"did you really get jealous when you saw me with ryan?" he smirked.

"maybe....maybe not." i started to feel my cheeks get warm. tyler slowly starts to walk towards, my heart starts beating really fast. he then wraps his arms around my my neck, and nuzzles himself into my collarbone. his small breaths sends chills down my spine as i feel them hit my neck.

"didn't you have to tell me somethin' joshy." he looks up at me innocently, fluttering his eyelashes. i totally forgot the reason why i went to tyler's house win the first place.

"oh yeah!! it's actually really good news and also i have a question to ask too" i said.

"hit me." he beamed at me, his doe eyes sparkling at me.

"this may seem crazy but... i don't, i um, t-the cancer is gone."

•••

tyler's pov
after those words left josh's mouth i had no clue what came over me. my first instinct was to kiss him and tell him how much i love him. so that's what i did, besides tell him that i love him. if i were to i don't know if i would get an 'i love you' back, so i didn't risk it.

this kiss was different than our first one. more emotion was put into it. words cannot describe how much i longed for his touch, his lips, for him. my lungs burned, begging for air. i slowly disconnected already missing the feel of his lips on mine.

"woah where did that come from?" josh smirked. i too was shocked by my sudden burst of confidence, i would of never thought i'd be the one to do that.

"i-i'm just happy for you j-joshy, you're better now. y-you did i-it and i'm so pr-proud." well shy tyler's back.

"aww thanks bub." he pecked my nose and my face instantly turned a rosy pink. "cute." josh said, my face turned to a deeper pink. this boy could say anything to me and i would be as red as a rose.

"so if that was the good news, what did you want to ask me joshy?" i said, that's when josh started to turn a cute pink color, it spread across his cheeks and at the tip of his nose.

"i was wondering...wouldyoubemyboyfriend?" he said the last part really fast, i couldn't really make out what he said.

"can you say that again joshy? i couldn't really understand that. maybe just a lil slower this time." i chuckled.

"fuck." he muttered under his breath. "i-i um like you a lot tyler." he kept his head down.

"well i like you too silly." i put a hand on his knee for reassurance.

"f-fuck tyler, not like that. i like like you. i was w-wondering if you would be my  b-boyfriend?"

boyfriend? me? what the fuck?

"j-josh" i whispered, i started to feel tears build up in my eyes. my vision started to get blurry and that's when they spilled out.

"f-fuck tyler, i'm so sorry. i ahouldn't of said anything. i'm sorr-" i stopped him.

i straddled his waist and cupped his cheeks. i leaned down slowly and reconnected our lips. this kiss was gentle, slow, heartwarming. i felt josh's arms wrap around my torso pulling me closer. i moved one of my hands and placed it at the back of his neck. i felt his lip graze my bottom lip, begging for entrance. i allowed him access, our tongues fighting for dominance. my lungs burned like a raging fire, as much as i didn't want to disconnect from him i needed to breathe. i took a big gulp of air and stared at his deep brown eyes, i decided to break the silence.

"so does that answer your question, or do i need to use my words?" i smirked. he shrugged his shoulders and gave me a goofy grin. i playfully rolled my eyes and smacked his shoulder. i cleared my throat and began to speak.

"i, tyler robert joseph, will gladly be your boyfriend, joshua william dun." he rolled his eyes and pecked my lips.

"so boyfriend, what do you want to do now?" josh asked.

"i just wanna cuddle and watch movies." i shrugged and leaned my head into the crook of his neck.

"okay, lets make a sick fort so this can be one of those cheesy romantic dates." he said, i nodded my head eagerly. i may be 17, but i love forts.

josh told me there was a bunch of blankets in a closet downstairs, so that's where i went. josh went to the garage to get some fairy lights 'for the aesthetics'. after grabbing as many blankets and i could i ran back up the stairs to josh's room. i started putting some blankets up and few minutes later josh came back with some fairy lights. once we got the fort set up we went back downstairs and raided the kitchen grabbing whatever snacks we could find. i got in the fort while josh grabbed his laptop and mercury, he insisted she be included, i wasn't complaining she was a cuddly cat. we decided to watch stuck in love because it's a great movie and has a bomb soundtrack.

the rest of the night was spent with cuddles, a few kisses here and there, and most importantly, me being there in my boyfriend's arms.

josh dun, he's my boyfriend. HOLY SHIT HE'S MY BOYFRIEND.

•••

josh's pov

OH MY GOD TYLER SAID YES. HE'S MY BOYFRIEND AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER.

a/n: i am so sorry that this took so long to make. since seventeen is my favorite number i decided to make joshler official in this chapter. anyways i hope you enjoyed this chapter. ALSO THANKS FOR 2K READS ILY ALL SO MUCH, HAVE A GREAT DAY LOVELIES. - jay